• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Music vs Movies-

maccagerl

DIS Veteran
HI,

Thinking of booking ASMU or ASMO- Is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Thanks for any opinions!

We always pick whichever one is cheaper. If you stay at Music, it is more convenient to use whichever bus has the shortest line coming back from the parks because you can just walk across the parking lot back to Music.

Broadway at Music is my favorite themed area of all the value resorts outside AoA. That being said, Music has my least favorite layout of all the All Stars. At Movies and Sports, you’re never more than 2-3 buildings away from the main hall. At Music, you can be as many as 5 away.

Theme and price are the only reasons I can think of to chose one over the other. Music might be slightly quieter as the theme is less appealing to young children. I've seen a couple people complain that Music is darker (not as many lights) at night but having stayed there myself a few times, haven't noticed this being a problem for me, and I really don't see well in the dark. The farthest rooms from the main building is a little farther at Music. Music is currently testing a different ordering process in the food court (order and pay, then pick up your food at a window once ready). I'd prefer that to the standard method of picking up your food first at various stations and then stand in line to pay while the food cools.

I have stayed at Music every year with my wife since 2009. We love the place but for a family with young children I can see why Movies would be the place to stay because of the outside decor. Music has great figures outside of the various sections, especially in the Toy Story section where kids can climb onto them and have fun.

I chose Music because of the free dining plan which I upgraded from quick service to regular for the price of dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table which is now included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter