• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Music Suite

Cheyflan

there's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Does anyone have any experience with the family suites at All Star Music?

My mom is bringing my late sister’s children to Disney for the first time and she wants to stay off property because she doesn’t have the money, but I want to put her on Disney property.

The suites at ASM are the best deal, but look kind of....meh, in pictures so wanted to get some feedback.

AoA suites look awesome and so do the Cabins at FW, but not quite in budget, I may be able to swing them, but ASM is my first option.

Yes! We have stayed in an ASMu Family Suite multiple times, just stayed there in January again. We love them (and I say that as someone who usually stays in a deluxe resort for our WDW trips). They work our really well for us when our teenage son comes with us. DH and I get our room with a larger bed and our son sleeps on the pull out sofa, he says it is comfortable. It's great because if he wants to stay up later we aren't bothered by him in the other room. Yes, it is a Value resort so it isn't luxurious but it is still nice and I think the Values are the best at having a fun Disney theme. Our son actually prefers the Values to the Deluxes for that reason. If the kids are younger I think they would prefer staying there.

I stayed there last October. It was three adults. I was very impressed with the suite. Sure, they're not fancy, but having the extra space was great. The pull-out sleepers were perfectly comfortable and the bedroom was practically sound-proof (my buddy snores like you wouldn't believe so we gave him the room). The best part though was having two full bathrooms. I don't know of any other suites where you get that. It's really like having two hotel rooms (I think they were at one time), and for the price, it's a good deal. All-Star Music also has a fun pool and is very heavily themed with giant sculptures. It's a tad garish, but certainly fun. I mean, a value is a value, but I found the suite to be perfectly fine. Convenience is the reason for staying on property, and it my opinion it couldn't be beat!

We've stayed there- our family is four adults and we liked it. The kitchenette area and two bathrooms are great!

I stayed there last October. It was three adults. I was very impressed with the suite. Sure, they're not fancy, but having the extra space was great. The pull-out sleepers were perfectly comfortable and the bedroom was practically sound-proof (my buddy snores like you wouldn't believe so we gave him the room). The best part though was having two full bathrooms. I don't know of any other suites where you get that. It's really like having two hotel rooms (I think they were at one time), and for the price, it's a good deal. All-Star Music also has a fun pool and is very heavily themed with giant sculptures. It's a tad garish, but certainly fun. I mean, a value is a value, but I found the suite to be perfectly fine. Convenience is the reason for staying on property, and it my opinion it couldn't be beat!

Awesome thank you! All the kids are younger than 12 so I’m sure they’d love the over the top Disney theme. Glad to here the pull-out were comfortable, that was my biggest concern the pictures online didn’t look comfortable LOL

Awesome thank you! All the kids are younger than 12 so I’m sure they’d love the over the top Disney theme. Glad to here the pull-out were comfortable, that was my biggest concern the pictures online didn’t look comfortable LOL

Well, they're not as good as actual beds, but for kids it shouldn't be a problem at all. You actually get one pull-out couch, one pull-out chair, and one ottoman that opens up into a bed too. I didn't use the ottoman, but I had the chair and it was not bad at all. The only thing I will say is that the couch was a bit noisy when my friend would roll over. The springs would creak pretty bad, but he's a pretty big guy, so that may have contributed.

We had a suite in June 2015. DH & I took DD, MIL, & my mother. DH & I had the bedroom. DD & MIL slept on the pullout sofa & my mom slept on the pull out chair. No one complained, so they must not have been too uncomfortable. It was great to have two bathrooms so that multiple people could get ready at the same time. We enjoyed having the kitchenette to have breakfast befor going to the parks. The suites are in the preferred sections, so you are closer to the lobby & buses too.

The best parts:
1. FOUR sleeping surfaces!!
2. A queen bed in the bedroom -- harder to find in the values when we stayed there.
3. Guaranteed to be together instead of crossing your fingers for connecting rooms.
4. The kitchenette with actual counter space.
5. TWO bathrooms.
6. Short walk to food court and the buses -- pretty good bus service.

We stayed with 4 kids ages 6-15 -- Girls (9 and 12) shared the pullout sofa, DS15 (6 feet tall) had the pullout chair, and DS6 had the pullout ottoman. Usually when we get a room with 2 doubles the girls will share but one of the boys often ends up on the floor by the end of the night because they don't do well together. So this unusual room arrangement worked perfectly for us.

I'd stay there again.

PHXscuba

My wife and I used the pull out couch on a one night stay. We could feel the medal bars into our side/back. We couldn’t sleep. I had to have a mattress delivered and put it on top. So please do that if you are uncomfortable.

Are the suites near the large dalmation dogs? I think my DD would love that and I have been eyeing the suites. Thanks!

We have done both AS Music and Art of Animation suites. Family of 4, with adult kids. AS Music was a big downgrade over AoA (we stayed both Nemo and cars)’

AS Music is just two old rooms converted and the pull outs are really rough, and thin. AOA is a ton better as it was designed from the ground up to be a suite and the bedding is just 100% better

Normally they are priced pretty close, so it would take a BIG discount for us to stay at ASM again and deal with it.. Not to mention the tour groups there..

The large Dalmatians are at All Star Movies, the Family Suites are at All Star Music.

True, but to be fair, the Dalmations are a short walk from Music, so you could still see them. You can see the path on Goodle Maps. You do have to cross a street, but there appears to be a crosswalk.

We have done both AS Music and Art of Animation suites. Family of 4, with adult kids. AS Music was a big downgrade over AoA (we stayed both Nemo and cars)’

AS Music is just two old rooms converted and the pull outs are really rough, and thin. AOA is a ton better as it was designed from the ground up to be a suite and the bedding is just 100% better

Normally they are priced pretty close, so it would take a BIG discount for us to stay at ASM again and deal with it.. Not to mention the tour groups there..

"Priced pretty close" may be stretching it ... most of the time I have checked the difference is $75-100 per night. I agree that AoA is nicer, especially if adults are sleeping on the living room surfaces. But for that price I could rent DVC points for a 1-bdrm some places.

PHXscuba

Sorry, I don't agree with most of your post. I slept just fine on the couch pull out at ASMu, and I'm pretty fussy. I also don't care for the design of the AoA suites--what good is a kitchenette that is right next to a bed? No use at all if you are up before the kids and want a cup of coffee or a snack.

Just for kicks I decided to check rates for a random date, and I picked May 1 before I even looked at the rates. A suite at the All Stars ranges from $333 to $372 a night. One at AoA? The range is $432 to $494 a night!!! I don't think anyone would consider that "pretty close" in price.

True, but to be fair, the Dalmations are a short walk from Music, so you could still see them. You can see the path on Goodle Maps. You do have to cross a street, but there appears to be a crosswalk.
Yes, the two resorts are adjacent. But the Dalmatians are not visible from All Star Music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter