All Star Music Renovations

Someone did post that UK guests were able to book the All Star Resorts for 2021. I don't recall the details, but I know I saw that today... somewhere. :confused3

Someone did post that UK guests were able to book the All Star Resorts for 2021. I don't recall the details, but I know I saw that today... somewhere. :confused3
They were available, yes, but they have now been pulled. Only the "confirmed" resorts can now be booked until 9/26/21. After 9/26/21 all resorts and tickets have been pulled in the UK.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I hope you all are good.
I read today that none of the all star resorts are going to be open during September. I have a reservation at ASM for mid September, does anyone know what will happen with those reservations?

I read today that none of the all star resorts are going to be open during September. I have a reservation at ASM for mid September, does anyone know what will happen with those reservations?
You need to call. I had a movies reservation for November that my TA called about and got moved to pop with no price increase.

The "Resort Change by Disney" thread discusses this extensively. I'll try to summarize it. If you had a travel agent (including an online travel agency) make your reservation, either the travel agent has to call to find out your options and make a choice or else Disney will automatically reassign you to an open resort of its choosing. You'll first see the change in your My Disney experience account. If you booked from Disney directly, they'll contact you about the change unless you contact them first. In either case, you should be changed or contacted about four weeks before your check-in date, give or take a week, unless you're proactive and contact them first.

You'll have "price protection," meaning you won't have to pay extra as long as you accept the resort they offer you. Since there are no resorts cheaper than the All-Stars, we don't have to consider potential savings. Most people who reported being moved out of an All-Star room wound up at Pop Century or at an Art of Animation Little Mermaid room. Since they announced today that Art of Animation won't reopen until November, it seems likely you'll be moved to Pop Century unless you had booked a suite. I don't have an idea where they'll put you if you have a suite reserved since most people who were moved from All-Star Music suites had been moved to Art of Animation suites which won't be open in September.

Because Disney just announced delayed openings for Art of Animation, Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn, and the Polynesian, telephone wait times today could be very long (as in hours, not minutes).

FWIW, I'm scheduled to arrive at All-Star Music on August 29 and have been waiting, not calling. However, I live in New York and will have to cancel if the Florida-New York mutual quarantines aren't canceled anyway, so am not putting much effort into it.

P.S. If you used a travel agent, it's the travel agent that has to call or contact Disney. You can't make any changes directly.

Last edited:
FWIW they have resumed the Wilderness lodge hotel renovations despite the hotel side of WL being closed.

Fingers crossed that when ASMu reopens in 2037 2021 we are pleasantly surprised with the progress.

Well with movies reopening in a few months, I wonder if they are just going to be doing renovations at the other two?

Is ASMusic the only one left to be refurb out of the 3?

All that planning and didn't make it for 2020, fingers crossed for 2022

I'm wondering if they will say of the refurbishments will be carrying on. If not can I request a refurbished room?

I'm wondering if they will say of the refurbishments will be carrying on. If not can I request a refurbished room?
You can request a renovated room by calling and having them add the request to your reservation. You aren’t guaranteed one but it doesn’t hurt to ask when you get there if you’re assigned a non renovated room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter