• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Movies Renovations

As you're finding out, Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types, amenities, etc. Both before and after renovations there are 4 king rooms on every floor of Toy Story.
Thanks, that's what I thought!

Just back from my stay at All Star Movies (Sept 21-24). Was not able to get a renovated room in the standards as there were none available. However, they were offering guests (including my fam) an upgrade to a preferred room for an additional $5 per night. (Had we booked preferred originally, it would have been $13 plus per night.) We took advantage and thus were able to get a renovated room in the Toy Story section. So it all worked out for us.

As far as construction goes. I did take a few pics but my computer drives are refusing to cooperate. In the meantime I'll give you a low-down of what I've spotted:

The long side of Love Bug building 6 facing the courtyard remains under construction. Couldn't tell how heavy construction. Wasn't hearing any work noises.

The wing of building 6 had the new camera room numbers. However there was one big construction vehicle fenced in right infront of those rooms. Possibly a digger. So it could be a while but that wing looks like it will be done before the rooms facing the courtyard.

Fantasia building 5 meanwhile remains untouched.

As I said in another thread, there is a huge encampment of construction trailers in the parking lot behind the two Love Bug buildings. But so far no sign of any construction happening in Music.

Just back from my stay at All Star Movies (Sept 21-24). Was not able to get a renovated room in the standards as there were none available. However, they were offering guests (including my fam) an upgrade to a preferred room for an additional $5 per night. (Had we booked preferred originally, it would have been $13 plus per night.) We took advantage and thus were able to get a renovated room in the Toy Story section. So it all worked out for us.

As far as construction goes. I did take a few pics but my computer drives are refusing to cooperate. In the meantime I'll give you a low-down of what I've spotted:

The long side of Love Bug building 6 facing the courtyard remains under construction. Couldn't tell how heavy construction. Wasn't hearing any work noises.

The wing of building 6 had the new camera room numbers. However there was one big construction vehicle fenced in right infront of those rooms. Possibly a digger. So it could be a while but that wing looks like it will be done before the rooms facing the courtyard.

Fantasia building 5 meanwhile remains untouched.

As I said in another thread, there is a huge encampment of construction trailers in the parking lot behind the two Love Bug buildings. But so far no sign of any construction happening in Music.
I definitely would’ve taken that deal too! $5/night for preferred seems like a good deal! Glad you got a renovated room.

What are the new camera room numbers?

I’m a little confused why they haven’t started the other Fantasia building.

The room numbers located outside the door. Currently at all the All Stars they are shaped like a star. However the new renovated rooms (at Movies) will now have the movie camera symbol on them. I also noticed those same rooms did that the new curtains enclosed through the windows and no construction notices. So I think those rooms will likely be done soon.

The room numbers located outside the door. Currently at all the All Stars they are shaped like a star. However the new renovated rooms (at Movies) will now have the movie camera symbol on them. I also noticed those same rooms did that the new curtains enclosed through the windows and no construction notices. So I think those rooms will likely be done soon.
Ah okay. I didn’t know they were changing the room number signs

I had no idea they were refurbing! I love that they're going the way Pop did. I was going to switch to Pop for our trip in February but I might keep us at Movies since I think the refurb should be done on all the rooms by then.
Did they go to Queen beds there too or are they still doubles?

I had no idea they were refurbing! I love that they're going the way Pop did. I was going to switch to Pop for our trip in February but I might keep us at Movies since I think the refurb should be done on all the rooms by then.
Did they go to Queen beds there too or are they still doubles?

Movies is getting nearly-identical renovations to Pop, with the queen-size beds -- one stationary, one pull-down.

What are the coffee makers like in the room now? Kuerig or pot style or none? Do they sell half & half in the food court/gift shop?

not sure about the half & half. Coffee makers are standard pod style and can make two cups at a time. Make sure to ask for plenty of coffee supplies if you opt out of housekeeping.

not sure about the half & half. Coffee makers are standard pod style and can make two cups at a time. Make sure to ask for plenty of coffee supplies if you opt out of housekeeping.
What do they give you for supplies?

We are just back from our trip Sept 8-17, we asked for a refurbished standard room and were given building seven love bug, they were working on the love bug across from us. We opted out of housekeeping, the coffee pot was pod style, you could make one of two cups at a time. We had plenty of coffee supplies in drawer underneath, sugar, creamers, stir sticks, to go cups.

I definitely would’ve taken that deal too! $5/night for preferred seems like a good deal! Glad you got a renovated room.

I’m a little confused why they haven’t started the other Fantasia building.
Looking at the start and complete dates in post #1, I would think that there are rolling teams of builders who move on to the next building once there are no old rooms to start on in the building currently being refurbished and that would explain why the next building has been started whilst the final rooms are being completed on the current building.

Do they provide the pods?
Yes the pods are provided. If there aren't enough in your room you can call down to the front desk to ask for more or walk up to the lobby and ask for more to be sent to your room.

We are just back from our trip Sept 8-17, we asked for a refurbished standard room and were given building seven love bug, they were working on the love bug across from us. We opted out of housekeeping, the coffee pot was pod style, you could make one of two cups at a time. We had plenty of coffee supplies in drawer underneath, sugar, creamers, stir sticks, to go cups.
Did you notice any work being done on the Fantasia building or is it just Love Bug for now?

Looking at the start and complete dates in post #1, I would think that there are rolling teams of builders who move on to the next building once there are no old rooms to start on in the building currently being refurbished and that would explain why the next building has been started whilst the final rooms are being completed on the current building.
That's true. Maybe they are still trying to close off and work on old rooms in the Love Bug building before they start work in Fantasia.

Yes the pods are provided. If there aren't enough in your room you can call down to the front desk to ask for more or walk up to the lobby and ask for more to be sent to your room.
Game changer!! What brand? And they're pods, not k-cups?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter