All Star Movies or Pop

tschaan

Mouseketeer
I’m heading to WDW for a solo trip in May. I’m trying to decide between ASM and Pop. Any opionions or recommendations? thanks!

Id also consider Music. IMHO. its the best allstar by a mile. It just seems nicer all around..
POP is great though.

Id also consider Music. IMHO. its the best allstar by a mile. It just seems nicer all around..
POP is great though.
I respectfully disagree with the suggestion of Music.
I've stayed at each of the value resorts and absolutely did not like Music at all.

Pop. I'm not going back to an All Star until they complete the renos (which have stalled indefinitely).

For a solo trip, I would do Pop. I like how in the new rooms you can put the second murphy bed up. It makes the room so much more spacious. No reason for a solo traveler to have 2 beds.

Last edited:
I’ve stayed at both recently (once it was during the same trip), and I’d say pop only because then you’re guaranteed a renovated room. If you can get a renovated room at movies it’s nice but since only half the resort is done there’s a decent chance you may not get a remodeled room. I love the remodeled rooms as a solo traveler. With the second bed up there’s a lot more space and having a table is nice. I do love the theming a tad bit more at movies though.

We haven't stayed at an All Stars but just came back from Pop and loved it! We liked the fun, energetic vibe of Pop. Room is fairly spacious with Murphy bed up, and bus system was very convenient. Since this was a 'park vacation' for us (at parks from RD to park closing), we ate most of our meals at the parks. However, in the evenings when returning from the parks, the food court was busy but didn't feel mobbed.

I stayed 1 night at Pop on Feb. 13th and really enjoyed the renovated room. The following week I stayed 2 nights at Music, and the room was greatly in need of renovations. I'll be at Movies in late April in Toy Story, so I'm looking forward to a renovated room there. The main reason for me to choose Movies over Pop is price: Pop usually costs more than the All Stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter