• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Movie Standard vs. Preferred

Julma

Mouseketeer
Do the preferred rooms at Movie save a lot of steps? We will have 3 rooms for 7 nights, so trying to save were possible. We will have two nappers, so there may be an afternoon trip back to the room. TIA

The layout at Movies isn't too spread out, so you'd probably be fine in standard.
If you were asking about Music it'd be a different story, it's quite a hike to the farthest rooms there.

And actually if you have a standard room in the Mighty Ducks section of Movies, the Music bus stop and main hall are just as convenient (if not more so) than Movies, because of the way the properties are laid out. So you could take the Music bus and be just as close to your Mighty Ducks room. When I've stayed at Movies, we went over to the Music bus stop in the morning because it was closer.

I found the standard rooms at Movies to be sufficient. This is coming from someone who has stayed at larger resorts. The walk from the back of Movies to the lobby isn't bad at all. I've walked across Old Key West, Saratoga, Coronado, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans, etc. You'll be fine with standard.

And actually if you have a standard room in the Mighty Ducks section of Movies, the Music bus stop and main hall are just as convenient (if not more so) than Movies, because of the way the properties are laid out. So you could take the Music bus and be just as close to your Mighty Ducks room. When I've stayed at Movies, we went over to the Music bus stop in the morning because it was closer.
This is exactly what we did when we stayed at ASMV! And we loved using the quiet pool right near our building!

We stayed standard at Might Ducks and it wasn't a bad walk at all to lobby! We used the main pool and I didn't feel at a disadvantage at all.

Preferred rooms with put you right next to the pool and main building. Toy Story and Dalmations I believe. The standard buildings are much closer to the lobby than a Pop or AoA standard. Ultimately it's up to you what you consider a lot of steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter