All packed up and ready to go.

shuttle pics are cool, where abouts did u watch it from...were there for the april one and plan on going somewhere to see it, have applied for tickets but thats a bit of a lottery...lol

Never cared for a bear before in the sun, we take Pooh bear everywhere(been abroad 50+ times) but he stays in the hotel room:rotfl2:

:scared1: I wonder how Pooh felt about this imposter bear gallavanting around Florida with you! :sad2:

We take Dug from Up on our trips. Andrew has him poking out of the top of his rucksack and we get quite a few comments. :goodvibes

shuttle pics are cool, where abouts did u watch it from...were there for the april one and plan on going somewhere to see it, have applied for tickets but thats a bit of a lottery...lol
We were in Titusville, 3rd we have seen from there, this was the busiest we have ever seen it, packed solid.
:scared1: I wonder how Pooh felt about this imposter bear gallavanting around Florida with you! :sad2:
He hasn't complained to me;)

never heard of the place but jkust googled it and found a map of places to watch it in titusviile , where did you watch it from...?
what was parking like?

Great pics Wayne - and excellent ones of the shuttle launch. Did Matt use a tripod to get the Cirque shot - it's pretty impressive if not (it's pretty impressive anyway to be fair)
Thanks for taking care of Dizzy. He looks like he had a great time and I am sure he will tell us all about when he gets back :goodvibes

never heard of the place but jkust googled it and found a map of places to watch it in titusviile , where did you watch it from...?
what was parking like?

Probably the most popular place to see a launch from.
There are stalls selling stuff, food toilets(long lines though this time)
Monuments to the space program, Parking has been really easy upto this past launch, this one was easy to park about 2 hours to launch but 4 hour drive back to Orlando.
See post 2 in this thread it takes you to 3 threads about Titusville
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2592846&highlight=titusville

Great pics Wayne - and excellent ones of the shuttle launch. Did Matt use a tripod to get the Cirque shot - it's pretty impressive if not (it's pretty impressive anyway to be fair)
Thanks for taking care of Dizzy. He looks like he had a great time and I am sure he will tell us all about when he gets back :goodvibes

Just took a quick snap but it came out well, Karen says I won't let her take more than 2 or 3 pairs of shoes so he has no chance of packing a tripod.:rotfl2:

Next day (Tues 22nd Feb) just a couple of pics IOA then went into Universal, evening meal at Ale house (posted earlier in thread) then to friends for a while, see their dog, Hercules.

IMG_3198Medium.jpg

Dizzy helping with a pot of Dippin Dots.
P1050968Medium.jpg

P1050990Medium.jpg

Great Pics Wayne, as ever :thumbsup2

How did you find the crowds at WWOHP?

Have they calmed down a bit since your last visit?

Great Pics Wayne, as ever :thumbsup2

How did you find the crowds at WWOHP?

Have they calmed down a bit since your last visit?

Still crazy crowds, Universal must be loving Harry Potter:goodvibes
We got there just after opening, had to line up to get an entry ticket to WWoHP, this allowed us in after 10:35am. I would say busier than last August, 90 mins for the ride. Even 35 mins for duelling Dragons(walk on last August)

Will try get pics finished, I don't enjoy trip reports/posting as much after I return, much prefer doing it there, hope the internet connection is good in August:)

We got there just after opening, had to line up to get an entry ticket to WWoHP, this allowed us in after 10:35am. I would say busier than last August, 90 mins for the ride. Even 35 mins for duelling Dragons(walk on last August)

Will try get pics finished, I don't enjoy trip reports/posting as much after I return, much prefer doing it there, hope the internet connection is good in August:)

Yikes :scared1: I know you do not think the universal hotels are value for money but for FOTL at a busy time I think for the time being they help with early entry to WWOHP :)

Yikes :scared1: I know you do not think the universal hotels are value for money but for FOTL at a busy time I think for the time bing they help with early entry to WWOHP :)

I had a look yesterday for 3 days at cheapest Universal resort in August, it was for the RPR again, they want £460 incl parking and net. Its just not worth that kind of money to me but I know it is to others. If I see an offer for half that price I might be tempted to return:)

Weds 23rd Feb, St Augustine then meal at Mimi's Cafe.

Old Drugstore
P1060006Medium.jpg

Oldest schoolhouse in US
IMG_3207Medium.jpg

Spanish quarter
IMG_3209Medium.jpg

The Old Senator, 600 year old Oak
IMG_3230Medium.jpg

Magnolia Avenue in St. Augustine is regarded as one of the most beautiful streets in the United States.
IMG_3231Medium.jpg

The Old Jail
P1060078Medium.jpg

P1050997Medium.jpg

French Onion soup topped with cheese
P1060096Medium.jpg

Huge portion of Jambalaya
P1060097Medium.jpg

Turkey dinner
P1060098Medium.jpg

Liver, mushrooms & onions :cloud9:
P1060099Medium.jpg

Great photos! We're going to try to do a few nights at St Augustine in a future trip - looks very quaint! Mimis food looks good - I'm writing a list of all the new restaurants we're going to have to try at Christmas as after 2 years on DDP we're ready to sample life offsite again :rofl:

Great photos! We're going to try to do a few nights at St Augustine in a future trip - looks very quaint! Mimis food looks good - I'm writing a list of all the new restaurants we're going to have to try at Christmas as after 2 years on DDP we're ready to sample life offsite again :rofl:

3 firm favourites of ours are Mimi's Cafe, Cheesecake Factory & Orlando Alehouse.

Thursday 24th
WinterSummerland golf
IMG_3247Medium.jpg

P1060110Medium.jpg

IMG_3267Medium.jpg

Lunch at Market St Cafe, Celebration.
Smothered chicken sandwich
P1060126Medium.jpg

Steak Philly
P1060125Medium.jpg

Ceasar salad with grilled chicken
P1060123Medium.jpg

Tuna in pita & soup
P1060124Medium.jpg

Over to watch shuttle launch from Titusville in the afternoon
P1060828Medium.jpg

IMG_3275Medium.jpg

4 hours of traffic back to Orlando, managed to make it to Cheesecake Factory for evening meal.
Chicken & biscuits, difficult to see size of these portions but they are huge.
P1060159Medium.jpg

Chicken Marsalla
P1060161Medium.jpg

Spicy Crispy beef, all 3 dishes as good as ever.
P1060160Medium.jpg

Dessert we could not manage
P1060157Medium.jpg

Friday 25th, not much to report in pics. Mostly shopping. Tried doing High Tea at GF but fully booked. Handed over Dizzy to Jen(jharrowell) & Stacey then visited Moira(Pootle) & David in their villa at OKW, very enjoyable evening.
Tried dining at Logans Roadhouse but 35 min+ wait so back to LBV and Orlando Alehouse.

Sat 26th & flight home.
Ate lunch at Cracker Barrel half way between LBV & Tampa airport.

Not so hidden Mickey holding up the power lines near Celebration if anyone has not seen it.
P1060210Medium.jpg

Pasta salad to go with my Brisket & toast, really nice meal.
P1060218Medium.jpg

P1060216Medium.jpg

Fried chicken dinner
P1060215Medium.jpg

Ribeye steak
P1060214Medium.jpg

P1060217Medium.jpg

That concludes our trip, no Disney(lots of Disney to come in August) but we went with the intention of doing some travelling and seeing other parts of Florida, no idea on milage but spent $201 of gas so quite a few miles.
Sorry it wasn't as live as I would like, connection was useless at HI express, hopefully a better connection in August.
Thank you all for reading, hope there are are few ideas in this thread for others to do.:thumbsup2

Looks yummy. But no dessert at Cheesecake Factory... sacrilege! Just teasing :-)

Looks yummy. But no dessert at Cheesecake Factory... sacrilege! Just teasing :-)

We almost ordered 3 entrees between the 4 of us so we could have dessert but I wasn't bothered about it, I am not a big dessert fan.

How was the Park itself Wayne?

In my experience the lines for TSM have always been 65 minutes plus, but the park has often been dead quiet:confused3

How was the Park itself Wayne?

In my experience the lines for TSM have always been 65 minutes plus, but the park has often been dead quiet:confused3

We only did Jurassic Park River Adventure while waiting for our time slot for WWoHP, it was a 10 min wait about 10am, by the time we came off it had increased to 40 mins. From the little we saw it looked busy. After WWoHP ate in Cirkus McGurkus which was packed out, long lines, no tables.
We then went over to Universal studios, only 15 mins for Shrek 4D, Matt did Rip Ride Rockit single rider, we watched Shrek & Donkey 10 mins then came out so not sure how busy Universal was either but looked a lot quieter than Islands.
We would normally do a lot more but had DMIL to consider who is in her 70's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter