All of Harry Potter in one day?

CynJ

Caffeinated Insomniac
Is it possible to do all of Harry Potter (both sides) in one day? I don't do rollercoasters or really jarring rides if that helps.

If you don't do coasters or jarring rides, then the only ride you'll probably be able to ride is Hogwarts Express. The rest of your time will be spent walking around, catching the shows, and just taking in the details at your leisure. So it can take you as long or as short as you want it to.

Cool! Thanks everyone! I think an extra night at Fort Wilderness will be worth it (since I'll already be set up) to give myself a day to go see TWWoHP :)

I'm not the biggest Potter fan and I couldn't do it all as a first timer in a morning!!!

That's not fun.........it's an amazing experience in both parks.......most immersive thing I've ever seen. There are so many details to absorb and enjoy in both places. Definitely park to park as the Hogwarts Express is so much fun.

Give yourself a full day and you won't regret it.......:)

We did one day at Universal last month, and WWOHP was the priority. We got there at 7am (onsite guests), entered UO, and walked straight back to Diagon Alley. We spent up until about 10:30am there. We rode the Gringotts Rode, bought butterbeers, watched the wand show and purchased wands, did several of the interactive wand things, shopped, ate breakfast, watched a puppet show, and shopped some more. We then took the train to IOA. It was much, much more crowded and HOT there! We rode Forbidden Journey and then took a pool break! We came back to IOA at around 4 for dinner and more exploring (still very crowded), took the train back (must ride both ways), went to the Simpsons World, then left. It is totally doable. Diagon Alley was a much more pleasant experience than Hogsmeade.

We did one day at Universal last month, and WWOHP was the priority. We got there at 7am (onsite guests), entered UO, and walked straight back to Diagon Alley. We spent up until about 10:30am there. We rode the Gringotts Rode, bought butterbeers, watched the wand show and purchased wands, did several of the interactive wand things, shopped, ate breakfast, watched a puppet show, and shopped some more. We then took the train to IOA. It was much, much more crowded and HOT there! We rode Forbidden Journey and then took a pool break! We came back to IOA at around 4 for dinner and more exploring (still very crowded), took the train back (must ride both ways), went to the Simpsons World, then left. It is totally doable. Diagon Alley was a much more pleasant experience than Hogsmeade.

Yeah I agree... Hogsmeade is definitely less shaded, adding to the already hot Florida heat.

Quick Tip:

Watch the Ollivander's Wand Show in the Diagon Alley Location, NOT in the Hogsmeade Location. For whatever reason (capacity maybe?) my entire last trip, you could walk-in to the Diagon Alley one with no wait, wheras the Hogsmeade one usually had a line wrapped around the building. And as far as I'm aware they're roughly the same show.

Diagon Alley being built later, they clearly equipped the second one to handle a crowd better than the first one. It baffles me that people even still wait for the Hogsmeade one, and I assume they must just be ill-informed.

Furthermore, if you're trying to be an Authentic Potter Nerd (and Heaven knows I am) the Diagon Alley Ollivanders is the ACTUAL Ollivanders anyway. Wheras the Hogsmeade one is just a franchise. :P

If you're not planning on hitting the rides other than the train - I don't see why you couldn't ... even with the rides it would be okay.

Have fun!

My daughter and I did a day 8am-4 pm day we only did the wizarding world experience. We only rode the train and we had plenty of time to see a show, shop, do the wand stations, eat and just generally have fun being wizards. It was wonderful! I recommend going to hogsmeade first because it's a bit of a let down after going to Diagon. It's also as someone said much hotter! For us the ride back to Diagon had an immense train line on the hogsmeade side but little on the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter