• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All New Picture of the Day Thread - July 26th 2014

Kathy- thanks again for taking clear and beautiful versions of my fuzzy pictures!! :)

bluecastle (Mickey?) - I aim to please, no pun intended. And believe me I have plenty of fuzzy, out-of-focus pictures that never make it to the DIS!

i-2jwGxGX-XL.jpg
:tink:

Lucky you Mickey!

What camera do you use?
For this trip I just used my iPhone and my DD, who has a newer iPhone, used hers. (it took better pictures than mine) I bought a Nikon D3300 a while ago, but still haven't learned how to use it. It's embarrassing. I used to use a Minolta 35mm years ago, manual focus, nothing automatic, and somehow missed the digital age! I had one of those automatic Nikon digitals for a while, but I wasn't crazy about it. I think the process of uploading to a computer and figuring out what site to use is more daunting to me than the actual camera! Anyhow, when I retire this summer, taking the time to learn how to use my new camera will be one of my goals. By the time we go back to Disney, I hope to be comfortable with using it; carrying it around, because of my back, will be my only main challenge!

For this trip I just used my iPhone and my DD, who has a newer iPhone, used hers. (it took better pictures than mine) I bought a Nikon D3300 a while ago, but still haven't learned how to use it. It's embarrassing. I used to use a Minolta 35mm years ago, manual focus, nothing automatic, and somehow missed the digital age! I had one of those automatic Nikon digitals for a while, but I wasn't crazy about it. I think the process of uploading to a computer and figuring out what site to use is more daunting to me than the actual camera! Anyhow, when I retire this summer, taking the time to learn how to use my new camera will be one of my goals. By the time we go back to Disney, I hope to be comfortable with using it; carrying it around, because of my back, will be my only main challenge!

Your phone pics are pretty good and the Nikon 3300 sounds like a great camera to start learning with since you can use an Auto mode until you get comfortable with Manual mode again. And you may find your DSLR easier to take focussed shots than a phone; that is definitely true for me! The weight of my DSLR actually works better for me than my light cell phone. I know what you mean about retirement; I retired after a second career just two years ago and the free time does help. In the meantime give your Nikon 3300 a try once a week or so. Uploading to your computer is easier than you think and there are lots of Nikon users here on the DIS to help. And thanks for sharing the above info with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter