• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Just booked our resort and air yesterday for April 2016 :yay:

Staying at Bonnet Creek again and flying Air Transat direct from Halifax.

Don't forget that the 4th NS DIS Meet for Give Kids The World is coming up August 16th. Pete, Dustin, Kathy and Teresa from the DIS, along with Kaylee Rodiguez, Development Manager from Give Kids will be joining us this year. Come sit and talk Disney to your hearts content without feeling like a freak!!!! With so many DISers visiting, we have a whole weekend of fun planned so look us up at www.nsdismeet.weebly.com and join the fun.

The Air Transat prices look really good for a direct flight YHZ-MCO on March break. I'm concerned about travelling in March and having bad weather. If the flight is cancelled, there are no other flights to take. Has anyone ever had this happen? I could miss my cruise and that would be terrible. We travel every March break and the flight prices are terrible, but we have had delays before and I'm afraid that we wouldn't get there. Any feedback?

The Air Transat prices look really good for a direct flight YHZ-MCO on March break. I'm concerned about travelling in March and having bad weather. If the flight is cancelled, there are no other flights to take. Has anyone ever had this happen? I could miss my cruise and that would be terrible. We travel every March break and the flight prices are terrible, but we have had delays before and I'm afraid that we wouldn't get there. Any feedback?

In 2014 we got caught in the late March snow storm travelling Air Transat, the flight was never cancelled just delayed until the runways were clear and a crew made it to the airport.
If you have an early morning flight out of Halifax the aircraft is normally in Halifax the evening prior to your departure.

Last edited:
Hey everyone

Im Andy originally from Scotland but now living just outside Charlottetown PEI
There is four of us here now DW, DD 8 and DS who'll be turning 4 in Jan while in FL

Big Florida fan - used to manage out there minimum once every couple of years however its been 7 years since our last trip as we were busy making Canada our new home.
Uncle retired to Dunedin so it meant we always had a base near the coast, plenty of time spent in Clearwater & Tampa and always make sure we made time for a few days at the parks

Had been too long since our last so we booked flights for 2wks Jan/Feb 2016 with Westjet staying in a villa out near Posner Park
Plan on adding some onsite time just sweating the details at the moment

Usually do a lot of my Disney planning through the DIBB but found juggling 3 currencies just too much to handle this time
Looking forward to sharing my 180 day dance in a few days and hopefully my trip plans as they develop

Hey everyone

Im Andy originally from Scotland but now living just outside Charlottetown PEI
There is four of us here now DW, DD 8 and DS who'll be turning 4 in Jan while in FL

Big Florida fan - used to manage out there minimum once every couple of years however its been 7 years since our last trip as we were busy making Canada our new home.
Uncle retired to Dunedin so it meant we always had a base near the coast, plenty of time spent in Clearwater & Tampa and always make sure we made time for a few days at the parks

Had been too long since our last so we booked flights for 2wks Jan/Feb 2016 with Westjet staying in a villa out near Posner Park
Plan on adding some onsite time just sweating the details at the moment

Usually do a lot of my Disney planning through the DIBB but found juggling 3 currencies just too much to handle this time
Looking forward to sharing my 180 day dance in a few days and hopefully my trip plans as they develop

First off, Welcome! Both to the Dis and (a little late) to Charlottetown! :) Were you able to get those direct fights? I would love to be able to take advantage of that! I find it kind of funny it took them so long to do this. I can only travel during March Break or summer, (teacher), and the prices are icky. OH well.

Good luck with your planning! :)

PS... Scotland is and always has been on my bucket list!

wow - how exciting to see more people from PEI on the DIS!

We are heading back to the World November 30 - staying at the Polynesian!!! So excited!! It's my son's first trip and my brother's as well :) We are flying out of Halifax.

Is anyone else missing summer? It has been colder and rainy here for almost a week now :( We leave for Disney in 23 days and I am excited for the overbearing heat at this point...lol

I thought I'd already replied to this one! Oops!!

I totally understand! I have been (almost repeatedly) telling people "And THIS is why I go to Florida in the summer!" It's not the only reason, but that's part of it. Guaranteed heat! LOL

First off, Welcome! Both to the Dis and (a little late) to Charlottetown! :) Were you able to get those direct fights? I would love to be able to take advantage of that! I find it kind of funny it took them so long to do this. I can only travel during March Break or summer, (teacher), and the prices are icky. OH well.

Good luck with your planning! :)

PS... Scotland is and always has been on my bucket list!

Thanks for the welcome

Yeah managed to get direct from Charlottetown and saved around $600 from the flights we had been eye-ing up from Moncton :)
I feel for you - our 1st few trips always had to be outwith school time due to kids and 2 sisters who are teachers. Amazing how quickly the prices shoot up when the kids are out of school.

As for Scotland its definitely worth a visit can't promise "guarantee heat"
We returned home for a visit in summer 2012 and it rained 17 out of the 18 days we were there.

Hopefully this Westjet direct service from Halifax to Glasgow sticks around as we've had a few sets of visitors this summer loving the ease of non-stop

Looks like quite a few Islanders here. I will be trying out the direct flight this winter. I took my youngest two last March break on the direct flight from Moncton and it was great not having to change especially as I was travelling alone with them for the first time.

Last edited:
We are heading down in 2 weeks.:cheer2: Dollar sucks but it's not the first and won't be the last time.
Staying at OKW. Going to do a whole bunch of relaxing and finish the week off with the Wine and Dine 1/2.

I'm in Paradise, NL and pop into this thread every now and again! Nice to see some other Newfoundlanders here! Planning on going to WDW next summer!

Once again, heading down for a week of work the first week of November (Nov 2-7 incl travel days). I will miss the Magic Kingdom Christmas party by one day (start Nov 7) and although Osborne Lights begins Nov 6 the park closes at 830. Since I'm working, the earliest I can get to the park would ever be 6pm. I'm not sure its worth a full day pass just for a few hours. I usually do the resort dining options, even some character dining and tour Downtown Disney/Springs. Last year I rented the Surrey Bikes along the Boardwalk, that was a blast. Any suggestions for evenings or encouragements to hit the parks even though most close early (i.e. 10pm or earlier)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter