• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All FP machines to be removed from Animal Kingdom by next week and....

Seems so unfair for me. I have FP+ booked for another park that day. Going to AK in the morning so that means won't be able to get any FP at all? Horrible!!

But you could book from the hotel rather than a kiosk in the park? That would be a slight advantage and a different system.

No, there was no facility at the Dolphin at least for booking FP+. You had to go to the kiosk. That may have changed, but all the concierge did was show me where the kiosks were. And they were INSIDE the park gates, so you couldn't get there early and get any of it done before the park opened. And at least at the IG, you had to know what you were looking for...

Seems so unfair for me. I have FP+ booked for another park that day. Going to AK in the morning so that means won't be able to get any FP at all? Horrible!!

How is that horrible? The new rules are you can get FP+ for one park in one day. They are implementing the system. You might not like it, but those are the rules.

Understood, but I don't see how you can complain about Disney beginning to implement their own rules.

They can complain because they might have spent the last 3, 5, 6 months planning their touring schedule and have now been told three days before that their plans have to be completely overhauled. Geez, let the person vent.

No, there was no facility at the Dolphin at least for booking FP+. You had to go to the kiosk. That may have changed, but all the concierge did was show me where the kiosks were. And they were INSIDE the park gates, so you couldn't get there early and get any of it done before the park opened. And at least at the IG, you had to know what you were looking for...

Gotcha! :thumbsup2

Since our last trip a week ago I've been thinking more about the FP+ and new enforced ADR system they are rolling out. Now I'm SURE that this thought has been mentioned before but just in case it hasn't: I noticed that a lot of fellow guest were using their smartphones looking at wait time apps like UT....I use it myself. Disney is also well aware of websites and apps that predict crowd levels. I further noticed that parks that were supposed to have light crowds were in fact heavy and ones that were supposed to be heavy were actually moderate. I think it was last Monday that HS was supposed to have light crowds and there was only one showing of Fantasmic, it was in fact fairly heavily crowded and well before it began they came over the PA system and announced that Fanstasmic was standing room only and there were STILL a lot of people lining up.

It's to Disney's advantage to have a fairly accurate idea of how crowded a particular park is going to be. The further in advance they know this information the easier it is to make adjustments. On past trips we've been in MK and they would announce halfway through the day that they were adding an 11pm parade due to unexpectedly heavy crowds. With this new system they will be able to look and see how many ADRs have been set up and which park have the heaviest FP+s arranged. This will help them know if they need to add another showing of Fantasmic or second parade and other adjustments that we would never contemplate because they go on behind the scenes.

Just an observation.

They can complain because they might have spent the last 3, 5, 6 months planning their touring schedule and have now been told three days before that their plans have to be completely overhauled. Geez, let the person vent.

Yep, have planned this trip for a year. Had someone book us DVC 11 months in advance!
Now this change happens right before we go.

Understood, but I don't see how you can complain about Disney beginning to implement their own rules.

Because Disney seems to be changing the rules at the drop of a hat with no warning!!!!

Geez. Do you let every company treat you this way or just Disney?

It's to Disney's advantage to have a fairly accurate idea of how crowded a particular park is going to be. The further in advance they know this information the easier it is to make adjustments....

With this new system they will be able to look and see how many ADRs have been set up and which park have the heaviest FP+s arranged. This will help them know if they need to add another showing of Fantasmic or second parade and other adjustments that we would never contemplate because they go on behind the scenes.

Just an observation.

Great point.

I'm not sure how useful it will be to determine park loading when an attraction like TSM has all FP+ slots reserved for the day because the ride capacity is only a fraction of park capacity.

But if they also see reservations for secondary and tertiary attractions start to stack up as well, that could be a useful metric. It's all in how Disney decides to use that metric. There could be more pressure to achieve operational efficiency and cost savings rather than improve guest experience. In other words, they might react to emptier parks by planning less staff rather than react to busier parks by adding more events.

I heard Disney Resorts is getting in on this whole "fairness" thing by implementing a max 2 night stay at the Poly and Contemporary so more people can have access to those rooms.

I'm at MK right now so no time to read through 670 posts. Can anyone give a quick update re: fp machines at ak?

Thanks!

No, all guests, onsite and offsite, will have access to FP+ (and FP+ only) during the AK test. You will have to make your selections when you arrive at the park at kiosks located at the entrance and near the headliners. Others are suggesting that you create a My Disney Experience account to expedite the process (if you don't have one already).

Here is what was posted just yesterday.

I'm at MK right now so no time to read through 670 posts. Can anyone give a quick update re: fp machines at ak?

Thanks!

A test is starting on 12/18 at AK. It might be one day, it might be longer. Onsite guests will continue to have their advance 3 FP+. Offsite guests will have to go to a kiosk when they arrive to schedule their 3 FP+. Legacy fastpass machines will not be in use (the cm release says they will be covered, not removed).

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_P...Animal_Kingdom_conducting_a_FastPass_test.htm

No, all guests, onsite and offsite, will have access to FP+ (and FP+ only) during the AK test. You will have to make your selections when you arrive at the park at kiosks located at the entrance and near the headliners. Others are suggesting that you create a My Disney Experience account to expedite the process (if you don't have one already).

Thanks for this. I still have questions.

I plan on making rope drop. Where are FP+ kiosks located? Are any at the turnstiles?
I don't have MBs. Will there be a way to swipe my park ticket at the FP return line? How will I be let in to the FP return line?
I've linked my tickets to MDE. Will I be able to make the FP+ selection via MDE before going to the park, or only at the park?
Are there any EE FP return times even left right now? I'm afraid that I'll get to the kiosks only to find all the time slots already taken.
We plan on park hopping on our AK day. Will we be able to pull FP- at other parks or will we be locked in to the FP+ rules on our AK day?
If we visit AK in the afternoon, and have pulled FP- at other parks, will we be locked out of making FP+ selections once we get to AK since we have already pulled FP at other parks?

Sorry for all of the questions. Trying to be as prepared and knowledgeable as possible.

Note that any answers here could change tomorrow. Or in 5 minutes. :)

Thanks for this. I still have questions.

I plan on making rope drop. Where are FP+ kiosks located? Are any at the turnstiles?

Only on the inside. I'm not 100% sure of the placement, as the only time I was near them I was running a 5k :) But there are supposed to be some at Guest Relations, Disney Outfitters, Kali, Everest, and Primeval Whirl. All inside. Presumably they will have a batallion of CMs with portable units as well for the test.

I don't have MBs. Will there be a way to swipe my park ticket at the FP return line? How will I be let in to the FP return line?

You will need an RFID ticket media. If you still have a paper ticket, you will need to go to a ticket booth to get it converted.

I've linked my tickets to MDE. Will I be able to make the FP+ selection via MDE before going to the park, or only at the park?

It remains to be seen exactly, but from all indications, you will only be able to do things in the park, and only for that day, even if they are linked. You may be able to see your selections in the app, but it is uncertain whether you will be able to make changes (I did the Swan/Dolphin test, and couldn't).

Are there any EE FP return times even left right now? I'm afraid that I'll get to the kiosks only to find all the time slots already taken.

I don't know, but the only one I've heard actually being a problem within a couple days is TSM, so I don't think it will be an issue. 100% of Fastpass capacity will be given to Fastpass+, so there should in fact be plenty available.

We plan on park hopping on our AK day. Will we be able to pull FP- at other parks or will we be locked in to the FP+ rules on our AK day?

I have no reason to believe you would not be able to pull regular FPs anywhere else.

If we visit AK in the afternoon, and have pulled FP- at other parks, will we be locked out of making FP+ selections once we get to AK since we have already pulled FP at other parks?

No. However, if you visit late, your FP+ selections at that point could be quite limited due to availability. We don't know what the availability in general will look like, but it would be very interesting to know...

Woohoo...just noticed I passed 16k posts! 15k about Fastpass/Fastpass+ I'm sure!

Are the FP+ selections at AK tiered? Or more exactly, will they be once the FP machines are retired?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter