All FP machines to be removed from Animal Kingdom by next week and....

You know, I have to say, I'm just sitting here laughing and shaking my head. I mean what else are you going to do? This is the most unbelievable mess I've ever heard of and I'm wondering which God/Goddess/Deity/Teapot I angered by deciding to take a "magical" Christmas trip to WDW this year. I mean, we could have gone anywhere in the world and had a wonderful time, you know? But no. I decided that we needed to experience the magic of WDW at Christmas. At no time, during any of the initial planning for this "magical" trip, did I EVER imagine that I'd be here, two weeks out from Christmas wondering why on earth I ever thought that this was a good idea. Unbelievable.

Did someone say cookies? :)

If this is true then offsite guests won't have access to fastpass at all, at least for a while. That feels like putting the cart before the horse.

Where do you think I got the 14% from?

;)

OP, I guess I believe you because my MIL works at DAK and was told the same info. As was my DH who works at DHS. I laughed at them both when they first said it, but now I am wondering if the info is actually correct.

Actually I'm surprised that this is "news". I was told this by two different CMs....both of whom were NOT impressed with the new system. I mentioned to one of them that I was an AP holder but didn't have a MB yet and were staying off-site this trip....was Disney going to mail my family the bands or should I go by guest services. She said that they were still "working" on that and that I very likely would get them in the mail. I honestly didn't hear ONE positive comment from a CM about the new system and they weren't very guarded in their comments either. The CMs were all cheerful and friendly but when you mentioned the FP+ and MBs their shoulders slumped.

As much as I love fast passes and riding everything in the parks, I'm excited to just be there. We will be off site, so if we get no fast pass at all, it will be okay. We will live and get to spend quality time together in the warm weather. Being in -10 degree weather makes me not care if I'm getting to ride every ride 10 times without waiting for any of them and hating the world and letting my attitude ruin my trip. I'll just be super happy to be there.

What if you buy your pass at the gate? Without a magic band how will you do a fastpass pick?

What if you buy your pass at the gate? Without a magic band how will you do a fastpass pick?

NOW, you're getting the idea.

(But, RFID flat tickets will access the FP+ kiosks.)

So, I don't know if this has any meaning or not, but when you click on some of the FP+ FAQs on WDW's site, the current (and past, according to the Way Back Machine) wording on the FAQs says this:

"Over the coming months, FastPass+ service is being tested with a limited number of pre-selected participants. We know that many Guests want to give FastPass+ a try, and we ask for your patience during this testing period."

But, if you look at the text in the site preview in Google, it now shows this language:

"More Guests are becoming eligible for FastPass+ testing every day, so you may already be—or may soon become—able to request FastPass+ selections."

Maybe there is something to this EPCOT testing idea...

I just returned and honestly would not place too much stock in this. There are still a lot of issues with the system and Disney is well aware of the issues. I doubt they are ready to fully implement a broken system yet. I would be shocked if this is true.

Now we did use the magic bands and I pre picked fast pass picks. At first my DH was like you planned every minute but he was glad for getting on rides with no line up.

We did change our fast pass picks while were there. But I feel for those who don't get a magic band or dont know how to do fast pass picks online.

They are adding day guests into the mix so who knows how this will effect FP+ availability.

I would imagine that as more people are allowed to schedule FP+, there will be less FP- available. However, at AK, that will no longer be an issue if they take away the machines as all FP- will become FP+, thereby equalizing the FP again.

I'd still like to know how they will be implementing all of this to offsite guests, anyway. I mean, how you will be able to book your FP+? Will it be the honor system to enter dates you will be there? We are staying off site in June and I figure I'll just attempt to be patient and see what happens. But, boy, it would be a lot less stressful if we knew what the end result was supposed to be.

Ok...is it just me, or does this thread keep disappearing and reappearing on this section of the board? Is it being moved to the Rumors board and back or has all this talk about pot or pots of something just messed with me? :)

I'm confused. I'm just gonna make a place to crash here...and maybe eat some chips.

Mad Hattered said:
Ok...is it just me, or does this thread keep disappearing and reappearing on this section of the board? Is it being moved to the Rumors board and back or has all this talk about pot or pots of something just messed with me? :)

I'm confused. I'm just gonna make a place to crash here...and maybe eat some chips.

LOL. There was coffee and cookies earlier. :)

I am not sure how this will work. Disney must think everyone preplans their entire visit there.

I did. but I know people that just by the seat of their pants on trips and dont plan anything ahead.

Being in -10 degree weather makes me not care if I'm getting to ride every ride 10 times without waiting for any of them and hating the world and letting my attitude ruin my trip. I'll just be super happy to be there.

So, to clarify: You have a "super happy" attitude while at WDW but a nasty, super-combative-for-no-reason, insulting, over-the-top attitude while you are at home. Got it.

But keep the car running---- I think this is a set up

What do I get if it is correct? ;)

I know the day guest testing at Epcot is tomorrow for sure since that is on the hub as an advisory. I couldn't find anything in writing in regards to the removal of the machines so just passing it along as what I heard but did not hear directly from the source myself.

Yes, this information is listed as an advisory. There will be approximately 12 offsite/day families chosen to participate. However, there is nothing official about removal of FP machines. If they really do remove them during Christmas week, well, I feel bad for those Cast Members. If they just cover them for a day or so, they would probably see better results.

:rotfl:

Sigh... Where is The Hub when you need him? :headache:

Oh! Oh! I saw him! He was around earlier. On another thread, somewhere. And I'm sharing that headache, trust me.

Might as well copy the information over here.

As part of the test-and-adjust process for MyMagic+, approximately 12 offsite/day Guest families will be recruited Dec. 13 at Epcot to take part in MyMagic+ testing. Testers will be able to engage in My Disney Experience and make FastPass+ selections; however, they will not receive MagicBands.
  • Guests who are recruited for this test will receive instructions for creating a My Disney Experience account, linking their passes and making FastPass+ selections.
  • Cast Members will be able to identify these testers by the sticker on their admission media. These testers should be allowed to make FastPass+ selections using in-park kiosks and redeem FastPass+ entitlements by touching their ticket to attraction touch points.
  • Testers will be able to continue using FastPass+ for the number of days left on their passes; therefore, Cast Members can expect them to use FastPass+ kiosks and redeem FastPass+ entitlements at attractions in all four theme parks.
Click here for reactive FAQ.

Reactive Guest FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions (Reactive Only)

Who can take part in this test?
The Consumer Insight team will recruit offsite/day Guests who are not staying at
one of our Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

How can I participate? / Why can’t I participate?
Due to the nature of our testing, we are unable to accept test participants on a
volunteer basis.

What components of MyMagic+ will these Guests test?
Testers will be able to make FastPass+ selections, and if they choose to link their
passes in My Disney Experience, they will be able to make their selections on
their mobile devices or at in-park kiosks. These Guests will not receive
MagicBands; therefore they also will not be able to touch to pay. Their tickets will
feature a small sticker with the MyMagic+ logo.

Why are you not testing MagicBands as part of this test?
We test various facets of the MyMagic+ experience at different times.

When will I be able to participate in MyMagic+? / When can I get a
MagicBand?
We anticipate MyMagic+ will be available to all Walt Disney World Guests in the
coming months. Please visit the Disney Parks blog and
MyDisneyExperience.com for updates.

If I participate in this test, will I be able to make FastPass+ selections on the
remaining days I have left on my ticket?
Yes, your ticket will be made eligible for all days remaining on the admission
media.

Can I get paper FASTPASS tickets if I am participating in the MyMagic+
test?
To provide the best possible experience for all Guests at our theme parks, we
ask Guests participating in MyMagic+ to use Disney FastPass+ service
exclusively. We appreciate your understanding during our test-and-adjust period.

Who is eligible to participate in MyMagic+?
Currently, only Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests are participating in
continuous testing. However, tests like this one are offered from time to time and
may include other Guests. We anticipate MyMagic+ will be available to all Guests
in the coming months. Please continue to visit the Disney Parks Blog and
MyDisneyExperience.com for additional information regarding MyMagic+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter