ALL CANADIAN DISNEY STORES TO CLOSE

Sad to see them go if they do, however I haven't bought anything there since my kids hit the tween years. There's very little of interest if you don't have small kids to buy for.

I remember the 90's (before I had kids) as peak Disney Store time for my tastes when they had things for kids and adults, for your bookshelf, for your home, etc. etc.

Sad to see them go if they do, however I haven't bought anything there since my kids hit the tween years. There's very little of interest if you don't have small kids to buy for.

I remember the 90's (before I had kids) as peak Disney Store time for my tastes when they had things for kids and adults, for your bookshelf, for your home, etc. etc.

They have sold more adult things in the last couple years. The kitchen wares, ears from the parks, lots of pins, wishables. The closest store to me was Newmarket, and it was smaller — but my daughter goes to school in London and she’s picked up so many collectibles over the years! It was her happy place.

I remember the clothing in the 90's for the little kids. QUALITY plus. The stuff lasted forever! Then came the 2000's :(

Aw man, I am next to Vaughan Mills. That Disney Store was my everything Star Wars for the kids. And for my 5 nieces, everything princess. That sucks. The one at Yorkdale is also super plush, hate to see that one go.

Aw man, I am next to Vaughan Mills. That Disney Store was my everything Star Wars for the kids. And for my 5 nieces, everything princess. That sucks. The one at Yorkdale is also super plush, hate to see that one go.

So sad , thinking unless things really change we won’t be able to hit any of these stores before they close .. sigh

Sad, but at the end of the day, it will just mean more money in my pocket. I end up buying a fair bit of stuff based on emotion when I am in there.

Even if they made a .ca site with reasonable shipping, it still won't give you the same little taste of Disney that you get when you step foot into the store. I know for many people, the Disney store is their happy place when they can't actually visit one of the parks.

We love visiting the Disney Store at the mall in Newmarket, it’s my go to store to tide me over until the next trip to Disney.....very sad to hear these shops may close. We shop on the website some but they really do need a .ca site for us.

Reactions: amw
Not that I’m able to visit a Disney Store very often, but I am sad to hear this, and I will miss dropping in every time I find myself in the Eaton Centre in Toronto. I remember the old Disney store in the 90s/early ‘00s with the big pile of stuffed toys in the back, under the screen showing movie clips, and all the snow globes I would stare at longingly.

With this news, I hope there are plans to make ShopDisney a lot more friendly to Canadians....lessen the shipping cost to be more like other online retailers, and include Canadians in free shipping. I would happily buy from them if these things were changed.

I feel bad for the employees first and foremost. We would often shop at the Disney Store due to ridiculous shipping from shopdisney.com
I've never understood why a Canadian version of shopdisney hasn't been created.

Boo 😒 I’ll miss the one here in Metrotown, Burnaby. It does have a section of adult tees, pjs, & coffee mugs. I’d also pick up gift cards pre trips. I could go in and almost pretend I was in Disney! Last time I got a really cute Pooh mug, and for Christmas one of my daughters got me a Chip mug!

This is sad, one of my favourite trips to the city involved going to the Vaughan Mills Disney store and having Blaze Pizza for lunch. I really hope that they come up with a better online solution for Canadians. If they did I know I would buy a ton of stuff all of the time!

I could go in and almost pretend I was in Disney!

We are both perhaps a little bit nuts, but I 100% agree with you. Just walking through one of the two Edmonton Disney stores gives me a major Disney fix.

I haven't been inside a Disney store since January 2020, so it was necessary for me to obtain my Disney fix another way. Around eight months ago, I started watching high quality Disneyland and Disney World youtube videos on my TV (using the TELUS Optic TV app). I started off watching ride videos, but now I find it more enjoyable and relaxing to watch long "walk through a park" videos (my favorite is a walk through Disneyland, starting at the front gate, going down Main Street, then a large circular walk through all the lands). As an added bonus, I can watch while holding a cold beer in my hand, without worrying about being stopped by a cast member...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter