All About TICKETS at WDW

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Robo, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Wubar

Wubar DIS Veteran

You can't see them online if you don't have an AP. The rates do get published publically when released, but you won't be able to check availability online.

Iowamomof4 likes this.
  2. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

"AP resort rates" (unlike AP discounts for other items) are not available as a continuous or constant thing.
    They are offered only sporadically and when Disney decides to offer an "AP resort sale."
    It cannot be predicted when and if this will happen.
    AP rates may or may not be in effect during a time when you will be traveling to WDW, and even then,
    there are only a limited number of rooms that are available at the AP rate.

You can keep checking (and asking) the "Resort Forum" found here on the DIS about possible AP rates.

Iowamomof4 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. wuzzles

wuzzles Mouseketeer

I bought the DVC annual passes for my family of 4. My husband and I (DVC members) will be activating ours on a work trip in March. The whole family will be going in April but at least one of the kids (age 12) will be going to the parks with her grandparents on the 1st day without us. Do we need to be there to activate her pass? We could just activate all 4 passes at the same time in March - at least I think we could even without the kids there - but I would hate to lose that extra month for the kids if we tried to sneak in an extra trip during school break next year.

Also I thought that with an annual pass voucher and a Disney hotel reservation you could make fastpass reservations at 60 days out. Is this correct or would the pass need to actually be activated to make reservations?

Thanks for any guidance.

5. Robo

1. Probably. It could help if she has a school photo ID and you send with her the credit card you used to buy the AP.
    2. Sure, you can do that. They don't need to "see" a child in order to activate an AP.
    3. Up to you. If she has proper documentation, I don't see a problem.
    4. Yes.
    5. Nope.

6. wuzzles

wuzzles Mouseketeer

Thank you for the quick response.

7. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

I didn't see this in the upgrading tickets section, but if I missed it, I apologize.

Can I buy an adult ticket to use to upgrade to a child's AP? There is no distinction in child/adult for APs, so does the original ticket have to be a child's ticket or not? I only ask because if the discount on an adult's ticket is more, then I can take advantage of that savings.

Also if I did buy an adult ticket, would MDE allow me to assign that ticket to a child for the purpose of making FPs ahead of time?

Thanks, in advance.

8. Robo

1. Yes.
    2. As long as the ticket to which you want to upgrade costs more than the original ticket, it's considered an upgrade.
    3. I don't think the "system" is that sophisticated that it will matter.

However, all that said, if there's any doubt, why not just buy the child's version of the discounted ticket
    and call the small amount of price difference "insurance" for fewer possible problems.

ArielSRL likes this.
  9. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

Sounds good. Thank you.

It probably isn't that much of a difference so your advice is probably best.

10. Maddie's Nana

Maddie's Nana DIS Veteran

We are Florida resident annual pass holders. I just added my 16 year old niece to our room and asked for a two day hopper for her. The CM told me to buy a 3 day Florida Discovery ticket for her -a 3 day hopper for less money. I told her she wasn't a Florida resident and she said since they don't request IDs for minors, it was't a problem. Doesn't sound quite right to me. Any thoughts or past experiences??

11. Robo

She's right.
    That's the way it works for under-18 yrs. guests, as long as you take her to the parks.

ravenclawtrekkie likes this.
  12. Maddie's Nana

Maddie's Nana DIS Veteran

Great. Thanks for the info. I only wish I had known earlier - we've been taking our DGD twice a year for 12 years. Never bought her a Fl ticket. ugh!!

Robo likes this.
  13. La Belle

La Belle Mouseketeer

Hi,

Here is my question. My mother has an older no expiration ticket from 2005. She did not use the water park visits. Does this ticket have any value now? She wouldn't be interested in going to the waterpark but if the value could be used towards park pass that would be a bonus!

Thanks!

14. Robo

The ticket can only be used "as-is" for the assets that it has left on it,
    for park entries (Theme Parks and/or Water Parks,) but no "upgrade value."

15. La Belle

La Belle Mouseketeer

Thank you. I also assume it's non-transferable?

16. Robo

"Officially," non-transferrable.
    But, with a ticket that old, it can be used by anyone who shows up with it.
    It will need to be taken to a ticket booth for exchange to a new plastic RFID ticket.
    Then, a new finger scan will be automatically be made by and for the person who next enters a park gate with that ticket.

cigar95 likes this.
  17. La Belle

La Belle Mouseketeer

Thank you!

Robo likes this.
  18. gmar1210

gmar1210 Earning My Ears

19. Robo

I don't know. (I'm not in Florida, so I can't see that link.)
    But, if you can find them from that link, and your MDX address is in Florida, I guess you can order them.
    (Which would be a very good plan if you want to book advance FP+.)

Otherwise, I don't know if they're available at the park ticket booths.

20. ravenclawtrekkie

ravenclawtrekkie DIS Veteran

Discover Disney tickets can be purchased online or at any theme park ticket window. Either way, you'll need to show proof of residency at a ticket window before the tickets can be used.

21. msb578

msb578 DIS Veteran

I’m giving my own post a reply, only because I have new information to share about this...

After emailing the Ticketing email address, they decided they were willing to change my tickets over the phone. They called this a courtesy, so it may not be standard procedure.

These are non-MK one-day tickets being changed to MK one-day tickets.

Robo likes this.