All about the Autotrain

@GinnyBear's_mom , thank you so much for all the up to date info. (Isn't the DIS a great place.) I was hoping for in-room dining because so many people are getting COVID now. We avoid enclosed restaurants. Guess we will have to hope for the best.

So are they seating you with strangers at the same table again? We’re a party of two is why I’m asking.

So are they seating you with strangers at the same table again? We’re a party of two is why I’m asking.
We made a special request to eat in our room since I have a disability that makes it hard to walk while the train is in motion so I'm not able to answer your question.

So just checked in for southbound trip. The seatings in the dining room are 5, 7, and 9. They offered room service at 7 and 9. We are traveling with another couple so they were able make sure we’d be at the same table. I asked about two people traveling and was told they would seat you with strangers.

Thank you both!

Ah well it was a nice run while it lasted. We started our auto train usage during the pandemic so really liked the in room dining and didn’t ever have it the other way. We’ll still use the train but unless offered in room we’d be declining dinner then. Thanks again for checking!

You can price it out in the Amtrak (lorton, va & Sanford, Fl ) site by plugging in your dates & vehicle type. We’ve found it varies, there’s not necessarily a set price. Sometimes they run promotions/sales as well.

We’ve always handed the tip directly to our attendant.
I’ve not counted the outlets…at least two though!

You can price it out in the Amtrak (lorton, va & Sanford, Fl ) site by plugging in your dates & vehicle type. We’ve found it varies, there’s not necessarily a set price. Sometimes they run promotions/sales as well.

Thanks. I couldn’t remember from when we took it last what we did with the tip and I am not sure my husband would remember the roomette outlet situation.

Boarded northbound a little bit ago. Thanks again for all your responses. Our experience was we were asked what time we wanted to go to the dining car 5, 7, or 9? I confirmed it was not in the room. We politely declined the meal then she asked if we wanted to eat in our room at 7 or 9. We chose 7. Room attendant is very nice about it. There was a paper that advised you would be seated with strangers at the check in desk as well.

Boarded northbound a little bit ago. Thanks again for all your responses. Our experience was we were asked what time we wanted to go to the dining car 5, 7, or 9? I confirmed it was not in the room. We politely declined the meal then she asked if we wanted to eat in our room at 7 or 9. We chose 7. Room attendant is very nice about it. There was a paper that advised you would be seated with strangers at the check in desk as well.
Are you in a roomette? If you are can you tell me how many plugs there are? Planning for next Friday, more so at night-phone, ipad and watch plus my sons phone and computer or iPad.

Hi no we are in a bedroom. There are three outlets. We had a roomette at Easter and I feel like there weren’t as many. Maybe one or two.

Are you in a roomette? If you are can you tell me how many plugs there are? Planning for next Friday, more so at night-phone, ipad and watch plus my sons phone and computer or iPad.
There is 1 outlet in a roomette, you can see the layout of the specific type of roomette used on the autotrain below. You might want to bring a multiport usb charger since you hsve multiple devices.

We were in a roomette Thursday. Only one outlet. I had a block with 2 USB ports but had trouble keeping it in the outlet. It kept falling out.

Hi. Someone gave me a gift card for Amtrak. Want to book auto train online. It lets me put in the gift card and accepts it but I don’t seem to see a way to pay the remainder with another form of payment. Meaning it doesn’t reduce the amount owed by the amount of the gift card.

Anyone able to do this? Otherwise while generous the card is relatively useless. It’s for $200.

Thanks.

We took an multi-outlet extender so that everyone could charge their devices. We didn't have a problem using it.

I feel bad that I never realized that you were supposed to tip the room attendants.

Hi. Someone gave me a gift card for Amtrak. Want to book auto train online. It lets me put in the gift card and accepts it but I don’t seem to see a way to pay the remainder with another form of payment. Meaning it doesn’t reduce the amount owed by the amount of the gift card.

Anyone able to do this? Otherwise while generous the card is relatively useless. It’s for $200.

Thanks.
The fastest way is to call amtrak. They can apply it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter