All About Honeymoons

Here are some of the pics that I took of our Honeymoon Suite this trip (we got home on Tuesday :guilty: ). Hope everyone enjoys them...

The view from our room - as this was a turret room, we didn't have a balcony, just a wall of windows. But honestly, we didn't miss it...
DSC00378.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

Our room
DSC00222.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

And this is the bathroom and walk-in closet
DSC00216.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

This room was HUGE!! I couldn't believe our luck!! It is just beautiful! :banana: :wizard:

Hi. DH and I disneymooned Sept 2004. We LOVED it. We got married in our hometown and flew out the next day. It was right after Hurricane Charlie hit and we had to change our first honeymoon plan of a beach bungalow on Sanibel Island as it was washed into the ocean. However, it was for the BEST because a disneymoon was AMAZING. From the moment we checked in where there were balloons, a bottle of wine and a card waiting for us as a Congrats!!! Plus flowers waiting in our room at BWV.

We proudly wore our bride and groom ears for the first 2 days. Then the heat started to set in and we bought honeymoon pins and wore those proudly. Every place we went to we mentioned it was our honeymoon as we got the tip from allearsnet. We got free drinks, desserts, tshirts from epsn zone.

We met a ton of bride and grooms. It is true what they say it is the happiest place on earth.

We are planning our trip now to celebrate our 2nd anniversary for Sept. 10-14th. Can't wait.

Kim

Kim10110 said:
Katie,

I hope you have an awesome time which i knowyou will. Take lots of pictures

Best Wishes

Kim

Thanks Kim.....just a lil over a month for you!!!!

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. The view was absolutely beautiful I called yesterday and reserved the Disney fishing excursion as my present to the soon to be DH. We will be leaving from the Wilderness Lodge marina at 7 am!!! Actually, I'm pretty excited about it myself. I think that gets us all set with our ADRs, we're still thinking about reserving a carriage ride, but haven't decided for sure.

hi i am new to the disboards, and i saw that some of your honeymoon plans sound great. my fiance and i tried to get the chef's table at v&a's and we were put on the waiting list. so i was hoping to create an equally special evening by setting up the Private Dining that some of you had been talking about. i also wanted to set up a carriage ride, but i don't know how. can any one help? :confused3

The carriage ride was easy - just called the 800 # (I think it is the same # to call and make diner reservations 800 - WDW - dine). They do 25-minute carriage rides in Port Orleans - Riverside. They have another area they do it but POR was closer to the BWV (where we are staying) and the nice lady on the phone said it was the most romantic as it goes through the French quarter. It's something like $35 for each 25 minutes - I booked 2 back-to-back. Ohh, you can bring a bottle of Champaign/wine....

Going to go to Kimonos at the S+D for sushi, grab a bottle of wine on our way to POR, do the carriage ride, then to Jelly rolls for a few drinks - that’s our first night out as husband and wife plans...

I booked the last hour they did them, figured it would be cooler -we'll be there in August (- 31 days left :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: )

When in doubt, call one of the 800-wdw #'s, they have been very helpful to me. I called and basically said it is going to be our honeymoon, what do you got that is romantic and before I knew I had dinner reservation to watch the fireworks, horseback riding, the carriage ride, the luau at the poly and a few other things...

Ohh, might want to get some tee-shirts made too. I did, my DW2B loved them - there is a thread on here with a discount code and link or PM me and I'll email to you...

I am so happy to see this thread posted! I love reading the FTW reports, but DF and I having just graduated from college can't afford to do one. :sad2:

Having been CPs in '04 we have some ideas (having done some Magical Moments of our own!), but I'm looking for some new ones. Keep them coming!!

Ooooo!!! Princess Amy, I would love to hear your ideas for the wedding part - my DF and I are the same; not getting married at WDW, but having a Cinderella wedding as well. (Ours is 3/31/07 with our honeymoon at SSR 4/1-4/7) Best of luck in your planning!

Hi guys! :wave2: I've been around this board for a while but I've been "one of those" lurkers who never posted but just read everything instead! :rolleyes:

My fiance and I will be getting married here in Louisiana and then we will be Disneymooning in April of 2007! We just booked our honeymoon for April 8-April 14 and we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I can't tell you how excited I am!!!! I think I am more excited about this Disney trip than I am about our actual wedding!! :rotfl2:

The only downside to our trip is that it is during Easter break and I know lots of kids will be around and the parks will be packed. But I'm still excited!! :cloud9: I've also never stayed at POR...and that's always been something that I've wanted to do!!

I ordered the ears already from someone on Ebay. We are planning on using them in our Engagement pictures! Hehe!! We will also be wearing them as we exit from our reception. :teeth:

It looks as if we'll be doing the Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package! It's kinda sad........we have a 7 nights stay for 7 table service meals and I just can't narrow down all of the restaurants that I want to eat at to just 7! I'll have a little while to sleep on it, though!

The list of places that I am trying to determine between are: (Character meals are my FAVORITE!)

1. Chef Mickey's Dinner
2. Tony's Town Square Restaurant for Lunch
3. Coral Reef Restaurant Dinner
4. Crystal Palace Dinner (this is a tradition and a MUST DO for me!)
5. Liberty Tree Tavern for Dinner
6. Mama Melrose's Italian Restaurant Dinner (for the Fantasmic Package)
7. Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch
8. 50's Prime Time Cafe for Dinner

And one night, we are definitely eating at Victoria and Albert's (so we can then use 2 table service meal credits for Cinderella's Castle)!!! :)

Anyone have any opinions on restuarants? And good or bad experiences?

Thanks for all the help! :)

First, to answer your question about choosing your table services...I've only eaten at Chef Mickey's and Mama Melrose's in the past few years - and both were great. We love doing the Fantasmic package and Chef Mickey's has been the best of the 3 character meals we've done. I was at Cinderella's over 7 years ago now, and enjoyed it well enough, but wasn't overly impressed. I was looking at their current menu last night, though, and it definitely sounds like a memorable dining experience. I'll be looking into it for a future trip!

We will be Disney honeymooners as well.

We were married in Disney over a year ago now, but only had about 2 days without all our guests. While we had an amazing time spending our wedding week with our friends and family - we are still wanting a nice vacation for just the two of us. DH and I had a lot of issues last summer and fall with job security, so we didn't want to make plans for a big honeymoon and not be able to afford it. Things ended up okay job-wise, and we've taken a few short or family trips - but now it's time for us!

We'll be going December 9-16th. We're going to stay in a Deluxe resort - I am leaning towards the Beach Club as we've not stayed there before, and love being so close to Epcot.

We will be attending MVMCP and I still want to make some other ADRs and special plans. This is a great thread for ideas.

kmab00 said:
Hi guys! :wave2: I've been around this board for a while but I've been "one of those" lurkers who never posted but just read everything instead! :rolleyes:

My fiance and I will be getting married here in Louisiana and then we will be Disneymooning in April of 2007! We just booked our honeymoon for April 8-April 14 and we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I can't tell you how excited I am!!!! I think I am more excited about this Disney trip than I am about our actual wedding!! :rotfl2:

The only downside to our trip is that it is during Easter break and I know lots of kids will be around and the parks will be packed. But I'm still excited!! :cloud9: I've also never stayed at POR...and that's always been something that I've wanted to do!!

I ordered the ears already from someone on Ebay. We are planning on using them in our Engagement pictures! Hehe!! We will also be wearing them as we exit from our reception. :teeth:

It looks as if we'll be doing the Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package! It's kinda sad........we have a 7 nights stay for 7 table service meals and I just can't narrow down all of the restaurants that I want to eat at to just 7! I'll have a little while to sleep on it, though!

The list of places that I am trying to determine between are: (Character meals are my FAVORITE!)

1. Chef Mickey's Dinner
2. Tony's Town Square Restaurant for Lunch
3. Coral Reef Restaurant Dinner
4. Crystal Palace Dinner (this is a tradition and a MUST DO for me!)
5. Liberty Tree Tavern for Dinner
6. Mama Melrose's Italian Restaurant Dinner (for the Fantasmic Package)
7. Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch
8. 50's Prime Time Cafe for Dinner

And one night, we are definitely eating at Victoria and Albert's (so we can then use 2 table service meal credits for Cinderella's Castle)!!! :)

Anyone have any opinions on restuarants? And good or bad experiences?

Thanks for all the help! :)

My one coment to add would be to pay opp for CRT... it is not worth the 2 dinners you could have using the credits. It much more cost efficient that way!! :goodvibes

I would also add Le Cellier.. it is good food and alot of bang for your credits.

mushufan said:
hi i am new to the disboards, and i saw that some of your honeymoon plans sound great. my fiance and i tried to get the chef's table at v&a's and we were put on the waiting list. so i was hoping to create an equally special evening by setting up the Private Dining that some of you had been talking about. i also wanted to set up a carriage ride, but i don't know how. can any one help? :confused3

The phone number for Grand Floridian private dining is 1(407)824-2578
The phone number for a carriage ride is 1(407) WDW-PLAY

The Grand FLoridian will create a perfect meal in a private location along with a private viewing of Wishes fireworks. It also includes private butler service. Call the number and they will give you all the available options. You can create a custom menu or you can chose a meal off of any of the GF restaurants.. Narcoossee's, Citricos etc. To view menus check out this link.

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

Happy planning :goodvibes

My advice (having just came back TONIGHT from our disneymoon) is that you MUST at least try to do Cali Grill. It was AMAZING and they treat you fantastically. The food was literally to die for. Plus it's one of the few places with not so many kids. Also, we ate our first night's dinner at CRT and LOVED it. They gave us those nice champagne flutes and made a big deal about us being on our honeymoon, it was so sweet. Also, if I can throw one in there, Whispering Canyon at Wilderness lodge was great food too, and they brought out champagne for us ;) It came with a little effort (re-inacting the "i do" kiss) but it was a great time too! Anyways, that's just my 2cents

Our Disneymoon is going to March 18th,2007 until the 26th. We are also having a wedding in MA and flying off to Disney the very next day. I can't wait I might be more excited about the honeymoon because it is my fiances first trip:cloud9: . I just can't wait to see his face for the first time on Main Street.JM

What a great thread!! We are flying to where I grew up for our wedding and then heading to Disney World from Dec 2-13th. We can't wait! With some great opinions from Dis folks, I have been successful at making most of my ADRs. I am now looking for fun ideas to surprise my soon to be DH! I think we are doing the fishing trip one morning, lots of golf. Oh, anyone know of any way to get disney characters (dolls or ornaments or anything) in sports uniforms of profession sport teams (he is a huge Bears and Cubs fan)?

I hope you all have an AMAZING honeymoon!!!!! I hope we get to run into a few of you out there! I will be looking for other "perma smiles" with ears!!!!

I've finally got back on here. With getting all the wedding details in place I hadn't had time to check the posts.

I'm getting soo excited, just a little over a month until our wedding and disneymoon! My fiance wasn't to thrilled at the idea of wearing the Micky top hat aroung all day so I ordered him a black visor with groom emroidered on it, but of course I'm getting my ears first thing! We also got our Disney Magical Express information in the mail today!

ADRs are all made and fishing excursion is reserved. We are still contemplating adding the carriage ride one night! I'll definately be posting pics when we get back!

I WISH I could have a wedding in Disney but we are doing a Cinderella theme here in Texas.

We did just book our Honeymoon for September 8th, 2007 and I can't wait! We were going to do 10 nights/11 days but we decided to do the Disney Cruise also. We are leaving the night of our wedding so we will be there from September 8th, 2007 until September 22nd!!! Our cruise leaves the 13th!! Any ideas on some great grooms gifts?? I wanted to do the Bricks but WdW doesn't do those anymore. We are doing the leave a legacy. I'd love some great hints & tips for our trip for the Cruise and WDW. I've been several times and we got engaged at Cindy's Royal Table on the CP in 2005 but any new stuff to consider or great surprises?? Thanks!

:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter