Alissa & Tim's 10/30/08 Wedding TR (MISTY PICS are up)

alissa2008

I'll take two.
Hi Gang!! I know I've been super MIA the last couple months, but I'm FINALLY MARRIED!! After all that planning it actually happened! :banana: And save for a botched manicure and receiving the wrong cake :-)eek:), everything was flawless!! :yay: BTW, I didn't even REALIZE it was the wrong cake until about a week later when I was looking at pictures :lmao: so, I guess I'm over it. :headache: D'oh.

Anyway, I promise to do a FULL VENDOR review soon, but for now I thought I would dazzle ya'll with some teaser pics. I started a trip report blog (so that my relatives, friends, and coworkers could look on too) -- so grab some popcorn:: and head over HERE

I've only managed to get up days 1-3 with some teasers on day 4, 5, and 8... but every night I keep updating more. My problem is I'm OCD and I feel the need to photoshop every single pic that goes in my online album. :sad2: there's no hope! :laughing: Oh, and a word of warning, the stupid blog won't let me start with DAY ONE, so you have to scroll to the bottom on that title page. Sorry kids! :confused3

Anyway -- I hope you enjoy, and hopefully I'll be able to keep the updates coming nightly! :thumbsup2

And for those of you that just can't wait two clicks:
grams084.jpg

Oh, and AKL was flipping amazing. We'd never stayed on property before, let alone at AKL. It was... totally indescribable. In fact, the last day of our honeymoon we took the DVC tour and BOUGHT INTO AKV!! We are so excited!! :banana: We couldn't even believe it was affordable!! Now we get to stay at AK all the time!!

welcome back and congrats- your pics are great. I checked out the wedding day ones. you looked wonderful and so happy! congrats on the DVC too!:goodvibes

I did. I actually made 2, the first went out months ago and had like 150 pages of stuff to do. The next went out about 4 days before we left and had some last minute stuff to do, itineraries, cell phone lists, resort info and disneys best kept secrets. I think everyone liked them -- :confused3 we got a lot of use out of them anyway -- especially when it came time to ship stuff home. lol. thank god for 24hour kinkos/fedex!

we also included welcome bags with a word search, hidden mickey pamphlet, a scavenger hunt, pressed penny guide, and random trivia.

pm me if you'd like me to send you a copy-- i'd be happy to share.

Can't wait to read about this! I think Dis readers are killing your site though, its going so slow ;)!

WAIT-YOU GOT THE WRONG CAKE???? How have I not heard about this??? :headache:

i'm really happy you've decided to do a TR on here! Can't wait to hear about everything!

lol val!! :rotfl: Yeah, almost two weeks later I was looking at our pictures and thought -- uhhhhh :eek: we were supposed to have the one with the little silver mickeys stamped into the frosting! :rotfl: Clearly I was really concerned if I didn't notice until two weeks later... Although, when we signed our BEO it was before the escapers were allowed to pick a cake anyway -- after the news hit the DIS I emailed our WC and said "OMG I want a mickey cake!" She said she would put it down, but I guess it never got translated to the pastry chefs. Whatever - I'm over it. lol. It was still yummy!

Can't wait to read about this! I think Dis readers are killing your site though, its going so slow ;)!

yeah - I did have some videos embedded too, but I took them all down and put them on one external page, to keep the load time down. There are a lot of pics, so I guess you have to be patient, but it should be a little quicker now that I removed the vids. hope that helped!!

Alissa OMG that is so funny about the cake!

YAY again for DVC!!!! Were neighbors lol!

:guilty: Yeah about that.... Tim and I just got laid off our part time cleaning job. :sad2: and we're still crunching numbers, but it looks like AKV might not come to fruition. :sad2: sooooo incredibly bummed.

it should be a little quicker now that I removed the vids. hope that helped!!

:guilty: Yeah about that.... Tim and I just got laid off our part time cleaning job. :sad2: and we're still crunching numbers, but it looks like AKV might not come to fruition. :sad2: sooooo incredibly bummed.

Yea it did help, thanks. The pictures look great! It looks like you had a lot of fun. So sorry to hear about the job thing though :( Things seem bad for everybody in the $ department lately :sad2:

Awww...that sucks.

But DVC is going nowhere! And if you can't do it now, the opportunity will be there when you can!

I will send some Pixie Dust your way!!! :wizard:

:lovestruc Thanks for your :wizard:. We contacted our go-to-DVC-guy and he said that these things happen. He said he could "hold" our contract until the first of the year and then if we still decided we couldn't do it he would refund our deposit money. So, yay that we may be able to work something out and yay for getting our deposit back if not! Tim's got two potential job offers on the horizon (both of which would be more $$) so who knows... :confused3

So, :banana: it may be in the cards after all!

I had so much to do this weekend that I must apologize for not updating. I did however manage to get a whole slew of new pics from my mom and brother, so I posted some new pics from days 1-5. I promise to get my collective "stuff" together and do some more days tonight! :woohoo:

:surfweb: I'll be waiting!

I need to go back and look at the other days with the new pics added!

:cool1: for new pics!

what beautiful pictures! It looked like you had an amazing day. I loved the blue and purple(?) petals with the white. It looked great! congrats:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter