Alien Encounter

Family-of-five

Earning My Ears
My mom has gotten all these books on WDW, and they've said a lot of awesome stuff about Alien Encounter. My mom is going to wait out side with my two little sisters while my dad and I go in. I'm wondering if it might be two scary, because the books say that adults come out sick to their stomachs. I don't know if I want to go on now, and we're leaving next week. Thanx!

I hope I can help you in some way. My mom read all the books and told us how scary it supposedly was and if you dont want me to give it away just skip the next part. It's pretty much a dark room with a lot of loud noise and some special effects but I certainly didn't come out sick to my stomach. I wouldn't be worried.

------------------
§ æ ¿ ö ¦ ì •
Have a nice day, sara.

Just put it to you this way...you might get a little nervous, and you might even scream, but really, its all just fun, and you'll wonder if you see any one getting sick to their stomach why they are(maybe they ate too much breakfast then went on space mountain then came to Alien Encounter????)but actually, from a dads point of view(thats me)I will be taking my 7 year old in..so if that gives you any indication of the "intensity" of the experience, I think you'll be just fine...have a blast, and watch out for Alien blood!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Alien Encounter is the best. The scariest part is all the sound effects. If there is little kids the chairs have bars that come down and might scare them. Also if you are scared of the dark DONT go on it. It is mostly dark. But all in all it's a great show. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by tiggluvr (edited March 11, 2000).]

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I went on it a couple of years ago with my friend and her niece (who was 5 at the time). And she didn't seem to mind it.

------------------
Julie

animickbar02.gif

[This message has been edited by julie_yet (edited March 11, 2000).]

A lot of people have this question: should I go on or not? Well, there was another post about this same topic; you could go there or to the link to the same thing.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/ubb/Forum21/HTML/000455.html

Hope this helps, and HAVE FUN!!!

------------------
<font color=green>°o°Kiki°o°</font color=green>
<font color= blue>PIXIE DUST TO ALL!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
tongue.gif
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </font color= blue>

anitink02.gif
dislogo2.gif

[This message has been edited by Kiki (edited March 12, 2000).]

I think its hilarious how authors exagerate about alien encounter. I was so afraid to go on it when i went to disney at the age of ten. while we were waiting in line i had a bad feeling in my stomach, and was ready to leave the line. 10 minutes later, when i came off the ride i was laughing, and went right back in the line again. Last month when i went there, me and my cousin went on it more than 6 times!!(were both 13) Dont worry It'll be fine /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif its more funny than scary!

i feel silly putting up my post..Need ride Info?
i put up that post b/c ive been on all the rides,well...except one...yep thats right ALIEN ENCOUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do think the little skippy character is cute.
my mom has gone on dozens of times
going on it is your choice
i will probably never
just be ready for unpleasent special effects

I've never been on it, but a lot of my friends have. One of them says it's her fave thing in all of WDW, and that it's a little scary, but it's cool. Another friend says it's not scary at all, that all it is is sitting in a room w/ the lights off and listening to weird noises. But none of them say it's scary at all.

calendar2b.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter