Alfredo's closing permanently?

crazykids

Mouseketeer
I read on another site that Alfrdo's is closig down permanently July 2007. Any truth to this?

That would stink (can't use the word I really want to use since this is a Disney site and that's not a very Disney word). I would be so upset since we planned on Alfredo's for our late November trip.

Why would they do this? Isn't Alfredo's one of the popular restaurants in World Showcase. We haven't been there for years, but our last meal there was quite good.

From what i understand its for real.
It was just announced today.Supposedly another Italian restaurant will go in its place.I imagine that when people made their ADR for Aug, they didnt know yet or thought it would be later on.

Ok, I'm just curious, but where is this being announced/rumored? I haven't found the information anywhere other than here.

I saw this posted on Intercot, but it has not been confirmed. I just got off the phone with Disney Dining and they know nothing of it. One of the supervisors actually called over to Alfredo's and talked to their management and they claim they know nothing of this at all. They have heard a rumor at Disney Dining, but at this point they are still able to take reservations for Alfredo's and have been all morning.

Does someone over at Intercot have inside information? The only reason I ask is that the 2007 MVMCP dates were posted over there and as of a few days ago, still weren't available on the Disney website.

Walt Disney World has announced that Alfredo di Roma Ristorante, a fixture at the Italy Pavilion in Epcot for over 20 years, is closing permanently at the end of July, 2007. There will be a replacement Italian restaurant opening in the same location, but at this time Disney has not released any further details. Guests who have advanced dining reservations beyond the closing date will be contacted by Disney in order to make alternate arrangements.

I have no idea if it is fact or just rumor...:confused3

I hope that they do close. The last time I ate there my experience was so horrible that I'd never go back. Our waiter started out really friendly, then as soon as he found out we weren't ordering alcohol we were treated like second class citzens. Our waiter was absent, our meal was rushed, and the food was only so-so considering the price. It was absolutely horrible and I would never go back. This experience happened in July of 2005 pre dining plan.

According to the discussion over at Intercot, the person who posted the announcement of the closing has an inside connection from Disney directly and "wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't true".

I guess I'll just wait and see, simply because that seems to be the only place making such an announcement.

I just made an adr for August & now I hear they are closing in July?:confused3

Maybe they'll put an Olive Garden in there? KIDDING...:)

I do love Olive Garden though.

I hope that they do close. The last time I ate there my experience was so horrible that I'd never go back. Our waiter started out really friendly, then as soon as he found out we weren't ordering alcohol we were treated like second class citzens. Our waiter was absent, our meal was rushed, and the food was only so-so considering the price. It was absolutely horrible and I would never go back. This experience happened in July of 2005 pre dining plan.

I have never eaten here because it had such a HORRID reputation. However, I think that a year or two ago they changed managment and from what I hear I think things have improved. (I may try to get a reservation for my next visit. It's one of only two resturants in World Showcase I haven't eaten at. The other is the fancy French one. Someday....)

Maybe they'll put an Olive Garden in there? KIDDING...:)

I do love Olive Garden though.

haha I doubt they'd put a chain like that in there but I must say I love olive garden too! Zuppa Toscana Soup, Bread sticks, and you can't beat when they have the never ending pasta bowl!! yummy :) I was looking forward to maybe trying the Fettuccine from Alfredo's though... just to see how it compares, oh well maybe whatever comes will be a whole lot better :)

I have never eaten here because it had such a HORRID reputation. However, I think that a year or two ago they changed managment and from what I hear I think things have improved. (I may try to get a reservation for my next visit. It's one of only two resturants in World Showcase I haven't eaten at. The other is the fancy French one. Someday....)

We haven't eaten at those two either but do have a dinner ADR for Alfredos in May. I made it before I heard of the closing rumor...we're hoping to have a good experience there.

We've eaten at ALfredo's twice and both times had a great experience! Even my DDs, who are picky eaters, loved it. The service was great and so was the food, even when we were there for free dining in September! I'd be sad if they closed.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter