Alex Trebek

What! I am a late bloomer, just getting into Jeopardy over the past few years.

My dad died of pancreatic cancer.

I hope Alex Trebek is true to his word and beats the odds. I am saddened to hear his diagnosis with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer :sad1:
My dad did too. :hug:

Hugs to all who have lost someone to the same disease.

When I heard last night, I thought of all the fond memories I have of watching Jeopardy with my dad. Alex runs a great show and I loved the video he made - wanting to tell the fans himself, making a joke about his contract, and his determination. I wish him the absolute best of luck in this fight!!

We have a family friend who died of it. From the time of diagnosis to death? One week.

We have a family friend who died of it. From the time of diagnosis to death? One week.

Ugh. So sorry. When my husband was diagnosed in 2007, we were told his PC hadn’t spread and the doctors recommended he go to Johns Hopkins for a procedure called a Whipple. (The Whipple is considered one of the biggest surgeries a person can have.). His surgeon was world-renowned and had done more of these surgeries than any other doctor in the world. My husband died eight months after diagnosis at age 55. PC is relentless.

Last edited:
Hugs to all who have lost someone to the same disease.

When I heard last night, I thought of all the fond memories I have of watching Jeopardy with my dad. Alex runs a great show and I loved the video he made - wanting to tell the fans himself, making a joke about his contract, and his determination. I wish him the absolute best of luck in this fight!!
We just lost a very close friend in December. Although he was not a Whipple candidate, he did do every other thing under the sun, including gene-targeted chemo and complementary therapies at a renowned private facility in Vienna, Austria. While we all wish the best for him, I don't like Alex Trebec's chances and I hope he doesn't spend his last days suffering from treatments that that are more devastating than the disease. :sad1:
Not uncommon at all. For some reason this particular cancer can advance very far without detection. Our friend was given a prognosis of 7 weeks from diagnosis; he lasted about 5 months but they were tough, tough months.
Ugh. So sorry. When my husband was diagnosed in 2007, we were told his PC hadn’t spread and the doctors recommended he go to Johns Hopkins for a procedure called a Whipple. (The Whipple is considered one of the biggest surgeries a person can have.). His surgeon was world-renowned and had done more of these surgeries than any other doctor in the world. My husband died eight months after diagnosis. PC is relentless.
So sorry - especially knowing how draining the "fight" must have been on you. :flower3:

My dad was diagnosed with this April 1, 1996, what a cruel April 1st joke. He didn't do any treatment, he died beginning of August. We were thankful for the couple good months he had, May & June, July was horrible and thankfully he didn't last long in August.

My father too passed away from Pancreatic cancer. When he was first diagnosed, he was not a candidate for the whipple but after radiation and chemo, his tumor shrunk enough to be able to have the surgery. We were all so hopeful. He had the surgery and was "cancer free" for a few months before it spread to his liver. It was a few months after that, that he passed away. He lived about 2 years after his diagnosis. He was so young, only 61.

I hope that Alex beats the odds and kicks this horrible cancer in the as*.

Sad to hear. I did not know that show was still on the air, used to watch it in the early 80's. My wife lost a brother at 47 to this, even had the whipple procedure, but only lasted five months after the surgery.

My mom was initially told she was a Whipple candidate when she was first diagnosed, but found out a few days later that that was incorrect and that it had spread. She passed away two months after diagnosis.

The same weekend my mom was diagnosed, a co-worker passed away from pancreatic cancer (48) -- he did have the Whipple procedure, chemo, etc. and if I recall, it gave him about two years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter