Albertsons Gift Card Deal.

skiingfast

<font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b
Disser Cats mom posted this special that Albertsons is running.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41444815&postcount=171

Wasn't sure it would work in my region being out of the SoCal market and out of California for that matter.

Did just fine. Bought $100 in Disney gift cards got a coupon for $20 off groceries.

Cashier wasn't sure that I could do more in one transaction and get more than one $20 coupon. so did this three times.

For me though they would only take one coupon for groceries at a time. Some cashiers may if they are savy, mine was playing by the rule.

The most difficult part is the grocery coupons are only good until 6/20. So it could mean a lot of different trips to the store to redeem them if you buy enough giftcards to pay for big things like APs or Hotel rooms.

Though it isn't limited to Disney Gift Cards, any GC will do except, Albertson's itself and the Visa or Mastercard GCs.

Thanks Cat's Mom.

I have done this deal a couple of times already. You can get up to (5) $20 Catalina coupons in one transaction. You will only be able to redeem them one at a time, and they expire a week after you get them.

I did stop by after the school drop off this morning.

Got another DGC and the $20 coupon goes out another day longer than the ones I got yesterday. I also found a cashier who said she would let me use multiple coupons at once if I keep it on the down low.

So now I'm thining I might buy a bunch to use toward renewing my AP. Just depends on how many groceries I can fit in my extra freezer as I try to use the $20 coupons up before they expire.

I did stop by after the school drop off this morning.

Got another DGC and the $20 coupon goes out another day longer than the ones I got yesterday. I also found a cashier who said she would let me use multiple coupons at once if I keep it on the down low.

So now I'm thining I might buy a bunch to use toward renewing my AP. Just depends on how many groceries I can fit in my extra freezer as I try to use the $20 coupons up before they expire.

Good for you ~ what an excellent deal, I had noticed the post on the Budget Board - too bad my budget is quite tight at the moment + Albertson's are hard to find in UT these days..... I know they're out there though.

Good for you ~ what an excellent deal, I had noticed the post on the Budget Board - too bad my budget is quite tight at the moment + Albertson's are hard to find in UT these days..... I know they're out there though.

My Albertsons is not close so I was abit worried about the deal. I usually go to a Smiths probably like you.

But for $3 in gas it was worth the extra time and miles to save the $20.

I did this twice myself. I just used $200 of the cash I have set aside for our vacation next month. It is great! I have to make one more trip to Albertson's to use the last $20 card.

I have also heard that Safeway is doing a similar deal.

Yep! Did it today x4! :) There was no problem with me doing 4 separate transactions buying my groceries & using my 4 $20 catalinas. Yay for free groceries when I was gonna spend the $$ anyways at Disneyland! We leave Friday so I got lots of meats & cheeses etc that I can freeze or last a while for when we get back! I was tempted to get more, but I'm not positive that we'd use more since we plan on dining in Downtown Disney some. Plus we already have our tix and we're not staying in park. ;)

My Albertsons has Arco cards, so we prebought fuel cards for a long time! No Disney trips in my near future, but they have a ton of choices.

Actually, Albertsons cards, and Visa Cards are exempt from this deal.

You can purchase the other cards with a Credit Card though and get your perks that way.

Good Luck!

My Albertsons has Arco cards, so we prebought fuel cards for a long time! No Disney trips in my near future, but they have a ton of choices.

That's lucky. If I could of got gas cards too I would have. I could use them on the driving part of my trip. But my Albertsons had a terrible selection. I had to buy either $25, or $50 DGC with Mickey or a $25-$1500 DGC with Princesses. I wish my Smith's had the offer because they have about 4 times the selection.

Did this deal last week for $300, and this week for $500. The $500 princess card did not print out the catalinas, so the manager gave me a $100 Albertson's GC! Woo hoo! No expiration date!

I was pleasantly surprised to also save 50 cents off each gallon of gas! Be sure and check your receipts and don't let your gas savings disappear. Also used my Disney Rewards Visa both times for more cash back!!! We are staying onsite in July and the money will go towards that! I feel like I just saved another 20% off my vacation!!!

PS I have on good authority that this promo is running in tomorrow's ad also!

Things to stock up on that don't take freezer space...cereal (GM on promo $1.88 a box), paper goods, laundry detergent, toiletries (toothpaste is on ad this week), canned goods (on sale of course). You get the picture! Have fun!

Did the deal yesterday for $100 worth of Disney GCs.

Just wanted to note that our Safeway is offering a similar deal thru 6/19: Buy $50 worth of G.C.s get a $10 coupon for next shopping trip. Yay! :)

This *might* apply to Vons too - check your ad!

HTH!
Sarah

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter