Alaskan Bear Encounter by Land and Sea (KE17) - anyone done this?

GatorMomInNC

DIS Veteran
Hello - has anyone done this excursion before? It is NOT the floatplane excursion, but goes to Neets Bay out of Ketchikan. Thanks for any feedback - mainly, did you see bears?? So expensive, so want to know if seeing bears will happen (going in September).

Just finished sailing and did the excursion. Sea part was kinda boring since it was foggy and you're cruising fast to the area. But land portion was amazing. There are not that many bears there but we saw 2. They came out roaming and they were grabbing and eating salmon. It was kinda cool to see all of that. They also have a salmon hatchery which was jumping more there than I saw at Creek st. There were bald eagles there too.

Just finished sailing and did the excursion. Sea part was kinda boring since it was foggy and you're cruising fast to the area. But land portion was amazing. There are not that many bears there but we saw 2. They came out roaming and they were grabbing and eating salmon. It was kinda cool to see all of that. They also have a salmon hatchery which was jumping more there than I saw at Creek st. There were bald eagles there too.
Thank you! This is good to hear. I think I will keep it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter