Alaska port TA (TRACY ARM?)

Dis_Mom

Earning My Ears
We are sailing the repositioning cruise from San Diego to Vancouver in 2025, we will be then sailing on the first Alaska cruise of the season. I noticed the first stop is Wed May 14th at (TA) I looked up the port code and that's Tracy Arm. Is this a typical stop for Disney? I don't see it on any current itineraries so I was thinking it has a different name? Any info would be great.

Not a stop, though I think there may be an excursion to take a smaller boat to see the fjord/glacier a little closer.

so is it the (port) listed like this for the 2024 cruises?

• Glacier Viewing (Stikine Icecap), Alaska

so is it the (port) listed like this for the 2024 cruises?

• Glacier Viewing (Stikine Icecap), Alaska
Yes, You don't dock but you go to view Sawyer Glacier. I think they are being more generic since they could end up going to Endicott Arm which is Dawes Glacier. Much depends on how much ice is in each Fjord and also the seal population which they are not allow to disturb. From what I've heard they have pretty much stayed away from Endicott. However we have been to both on our DCL cruises. I think there may also be another glacier that they can go to, but I'm not 100% positive about that.

As others have said, Tracy Arm is one of the two fjords that DCL may visit on Glacier Day. Both Sawyer and Dawes glaciers originate from the Stikine Ice Cap, so they have gone more general with the name on the itinerary, since which one they will go to will depend on a number of factors as mentioned above. I was on the second cruise of the season on the Wonder last year and we went up Tracy Arm. The ship went to just the South Sawyer Glacier. The Glacier Explorer excursion I was on went to both South Sawyer (for a closer view than the ship got) and the North Sawyer glaciers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter