Alaska June 19 Our Excursions Were Great

Angie_Ohio

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our cruise last night. We booked Chilkoot Charters Rail and Bus Tour. Train up in the morning then a guided small bus tour to Carcross, Emerald Lake etc... including lunch. Highly recommend! Beautiful sunny day!
We booked the Helicopter with Glacier Trek (2 hrs) thru Disney. Another beautiful sunny day! Highly recommend this tour. Amazing
We also did the Deadliest Catch with dinner with the crew. Recommend for all ages. It was very hands on for the kids. Excellent presentation and information. Skip the dinner and eat in town. (although the crab was excellent!)

We just returned from our cruise last night. We booked Chilkoot Charters Rail and Bus Tour. Train up in the morning then a guided small bus tour to Carcross, Emerald Lake etc... including lunch. Highly recommend! Beautiful sunny day!
We booked the Helicopter with Glacier Trek (2 hrs) thru Disney. Another beautiful sunny day! Highly recommend this tour. Amazing
We also did the Deadliest Catch with dinner with the crew. Recommend for all ages. It was very hands on for the kids. Excellent presentation and information. Skip the dinner and eat in town. (although the crab was excellent!)
We were on the same Cruise! Absolutely loved it!!

We did a van tour in Skagway as well and loved the trip up and back to Emerald Lake. Saw a bear on the way back by the road...our driver had eyes like a hawk!

We did whale watching in Juneau...again what beautiful weather. The number of eagles at the harbor was amazing. Next time, I want to spent more time at Mendenhall. After hearing Doug Jones' talk about bears, I feel like I might see more.

Did you catch the Glacier calving at Dawes?

I am definitely want to do this itinerary again. Hoping on 2 years!!

We booked the Helicopter with Glacier Trek (2 hrs) thru Disney. Another beautiful sunny day! Highly recommend this tour.
I'm considering this excursion for our Alaska cruise next June. Was riding in a helicopter uncomfortably loud? Did they provide headphones? Thanks.

Everyone had headphones with a microphone. It was quiet and peaceful unless someone was speaking (pilot) then some static. Enjoy

We were on the same cruise...awesome time. Weather cooperated maybe 80% of the time. During the glacier day we were nearly smoked off of our stateroom verandah (8006) by people hanging over rail one deck above and ahead puffing away. DCL moved them back a bit, but it continued off and on during the rest of the cruise, only real bad part. In Skagway we did Liarsville and gold panning (hint for future cruisers: look in the creek on the way to panning area). Juneau we did science boat whale watching adventure with granddaughter (7). Just as we left the dock a bald eagle swooped down in front of us and grabbed a huge fish out of the bay and flew up to a dock post. Just as he was joined by a buddy he dropped it. Both sat there looking down at the water thinking about what might have been. Saw seals, whales, birds and a sea star caught in a crab trap (part of research study). Ketchikan we took the duck tour during light rain around city and out in bay...fun info and views. Doug Jones lecture on bears was given on our "at sea" last day, which could have been sooner in the cruise. Overall it was a great experience with a verandah (avoid smokers) recommended. Lots to see during each day.

We're setting sail on Monday! Smoking is clearly stated to not be allowed on the verandah. I've paid a lot of money to have a verandah and if people are smoking on theirs, I'll be calling security until it's resolved. Our vacation shouldn't be spoiled due to others feeling rules don't apply to them.

We're setting sail on Monday! Smoking is clearly stated to not be allowed on the verandah. I've paid a lot of money to have a verandah and if people are smoking on theirs, I'll be calling security until it's resolved. Our vacation shouldn't be spoiled due to others feeling rules don't apply to them.

Deck 9 is a public deck and does have a smoking area on it. If you select a cabin under that area you will likely have people smoking at the rail above you.

(Note, I am not a smoker but accept that there are going to be designated areas onboard and plan my cabin location around those.)

As Dug720 stated, they were in a designated smoking area. Why there??? The stateroom next to us had the same issue. Why not put all the smokers at the back of the ship, in the engine room or anywhere but in the front?

I'm considering this excursion for our Alaska cruise next June. Was riding in a helicopter uncomfortably loud? Did they provide headphones? Thanks.

Highly recommend Temsco. We did a Pilot's Choice double glacier landing in Juneau and Dog-Sledding in Skagway with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter