Alaska Airport Hotel Port Shuttle

SailorJen

Mouseketeer
I tried looking around, but couldn't really find anything. Is there anything out there that includes one night of hotel and shuttle to/from airport and the port?

I don't recall any hotels with a shuttle from the airport area to the port. All I have read in past years was people using public transportation or a private car service to get to the port.

There may be some. What have you searched so far? Most hotels near the airport have airport shuttles but not cruise port shuttles.

MJ

I was originally wanting to do something similar, but it really doesn't seem to be a prevalent offering in Vancouver. We took the sky train from the airport (super easy and cheap) to our hotel and then from hotel to port we took a taxi. The front desk called one for me the morning of our cruise and it was around $8 from our hotel on Robson to the port. Easy!

I recommend choosing a hotel based on location and budget and not necessarily transportation (or even breakfast, which is another thing I see folks add in for criteria when choosing a hotel).

Free hotel shuttles into downtown Vancouver from the airport are rare. Most of the Richmond area hotels will offer this, but that's because the airport is in Richmond. If you can manage your luggage, the train (Canada Line) is a great option. Taxis are also easy (though sometimes the wait can be long) and there is a flat rate into downtown Vancouver, I think it's $37 or maybe $39 from the airport. Depending where you stay in downtown it may be walkable to the port, or a low taxi fare to get there.

We stayed at the Vancouver Sheraton Wall in downtown. It has a shuttle to the port. Cab was flate rate from the airport to the hotel. On the way back to the airport we took the train. It was only a couple of bucks per adult. Pickup was outside the port and dropped right at the airport. Very convenient and train wasnt too busy.
The Sheraton is pricey but we used airmiles to pay for a night so OOP cost about 40$. Very very nice hotel. Our room had panoramic windows and a great view of downtown Van.

We stayed at the Fairmont right at the Vancouver airport. Our flight came in kind of late. This was a super convenient hotel. We stayed the night there, got up in the morning and hit the liquor store at the airport for a couple bottles of wine and then hopped on the train at the airport that took us down to Canada Place. The train drops you off about a block and a half from the ships. I don't remember how much the train was but it was very cheap.

We stayed at the Vancouver Sheraton Wall in downtown. It has a shuttle to the port. Cab was flate rate from the airport to the hotel. On the way back to the airport we took the train. It was only a couple of bucks per adult. Pickup was outside the port and dropped right at the airport. Very convenient and train wasnt too busy.
The Sheraton is pricey but we used airmiles to pay for a night so OOP cost about 40$. Very very nice hotel. Our room had panoramic windows and a great view of downtown Van.

When you took a cab from airport to hotel and you said it was a flat rate, was it based on each passenger? Or one rate regardless of how many passengers?

When you took a cab from airport to hotel and you said it was a flat rate, was it based on each passenger? Or one rate regardless of how many passengers?
I just got an email from the Vancouver hotel we’ll be staying at next week. They quoted me a flat rate fate of $35 CAD from airport to hotel (Hyatt) and a metered fare hotel to airport of approximately the same.

It is a flat rate regardless of number passengers. This link has the details. At the bottom of the page is the zone map which you can view in PDF. The flat rate depends on which zone you are travelling to. The Cruise ship pier (Canada place) is Zone 9 so 35$. Hope this helps. Note this is only FROM the Airport TO a specific Zone. Everything is metered rates.

http://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/transportation/taxis

I just got an email from the Vancouver hotel we’ll be staying at next week. They quoted me a flat rate fate of $35 CAD from airport to hotel (Hyatt) and a metered fare hotel to airport of approximately the same.
We also did this, staying at the Hyatt for two nights on each end of our Alaska cruise. The cabs from Hyatt to/from the port were about $10 CAD, although it would be walkable for someone who packs lighter than we do. We have again booked the Hyatt for three nights in advance of next year’s Vancouver to Honolulu cruise.

We also did this, staying at the Hyatt for two nights on each end of our Alaska cruise. The cabs from Hyatt to/from the port were about $10 CAD, although it would be walkable for someone who packs lighter than we do. We have again booked the Hyatt for three nights in advance of next year’s Vancouver to Honolulu cruise.

If you want the pan pacific has nights available for pre stay for Vancouver to Honolulu right now.

If you want the pan pacific has nights available for pre stay for Vancouver to Honolulu right now.
This may be of interest to others needing to book. We get a significant discount at the Hyatt, since our son is a corporate employee. We can stay three nights for essentially the same cost as a single night at the Pan Pacific. We can easily pay for the short cab ride to the port out of the savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter