Alaska 2015

txga

Earning My Ears
We want to do a cruise in Alaska during the summer of 2015. I just saw that RCCL released there bookings for that summer and called to make a reservation....thinking like DCL...the earlier you book the better for price. But I found that summer 2015 prices for Alaska are more than summer 2014. Plus if I could sail in 2014, I'd get an OBC AND a military discount which would be about $400 in savings. Any insight into why its a better deal to sail RCCL Alaska in 2014 vs 2015?
(We can't go this summer b/c my husband will be deployed. Next summer would be a welcome home celebration// high school grad celebration.)

For the most part by this time of year most Alaska cruises are sold out, or at least close to it. Any cabins that are left are starting to see discounts offered. Alaska is a big expense and not many people can afford to book such a trip last minute. I just looked at a two bedroom suite and it was $3,000 less for 2015 then 2014. I think it really depends on the cabin type and how sold out the ship is. The earlier in the summer the sailing the less expensive it will be also!

You should go ahead and book for next summer. We did for this June last April, and since then our cabin has gone up almost $3K! You can keep an eye on the cabin class you book and if/when they offer a military discount on it next year, as long as it is before final payment, you can get your price adjusted down. If you hope to do that, though, you might want to study which cabins are still available now for 2014, and book a comparable one for next year. Some categories sell out and thus no discounts. Thank you for your husband's service (and your support of it!)

We booked a cruise for June 2015. Very Excited! It seems that RCCL has fewer sailings in 2015 compared to this summer. Maybe thats why I could find cheaper prices for summer 2014? We could only afford a window without balcony and an inside room across the hall. Never cruised with the kids (teenagers) in a different room before. It would cost too much $$ on DCL. But my 6 foot tall son just can't sleep on the pull down bunk anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter