Alamo: You Click, We Pick and Skip the Counter

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
Hey! Does anyone know how the You Click, We Pick (where you can end up with any category of vehicle, compact or greater) and skip the counter works? How will I know which vehicle I am allowed to get? Thanks for any help!

Hey! Does anyone know how the You Click, We Pick (where you can end up with any category of vehicle, compact or greater) and skip the counter works? How will I know which vehicle I am allowed to get? Thanks for any help!
PP gave you the answer. Good chance you'll get a vehicle too small or too big for your needs.

Credit card coverage, and personal auto policies, may exclude vans which seat more then 8. I know the coverage offered by Chase (VISA) has that exclusion.

PP gave you the answer. Good chance you'll get a vehicle too small or too big for your needs.

Credit card coverage, and personal auto policies, may exclude vans which seat more then 8. I know the coverage offered by Chase (VISA) has that exclusion.
My CSP coverage states more than 9. Don't know how many vehicles hold exactly 9 so it may be a difference without a distinction.

My CSP coverage states more than 9. Don't know how many vehicles hold exactly 9 so it may be a difference without a distinction.
The cost of paying the agency for damage waivers is likely to exceed any savings. A person with no previous experience driving a 12 pax van needs coverage, JMO.

The way it works with every other company is that they give you whatever car class they have the most leftover of, usually either a compact or 12 passenger van. I don't know how you're notified about what stall your vehicle is in, it may be the app or you may have to check at the hut in the garage.
https://www.frommers.com/tips/car-b...agers-special-or-mystery-rates-on-rental-cars
Alamo, at least in Orlando and many other locations, doesn't use stalls. They have aisles of car class and you just pick your car from the aisle. How is that supposed to work when Alamo is picking the car category?

Alamo, at least in Orlando and many other locations, doesn't use stalls. They have aisles of car class and you just pick your car from the aisle. How is that supposed to work when Alamo is picking the car category?
Alamo picks your actual car. You're not given the option to pick your own car from an aisle. I've never rented the wild car but was assigned a specific car when I booked a one way rental.

At other Alamo locations when I've rented odd classes that did not have an aisle, the vehicle was waiting at the curb and I was specifically told which one was mine. I would guess that there is a small section for those types of things at MCO. Haven't rented Alamo at MCO in 10 years.

At other Alamo locations when I've rented odd classes that did not have an aisle, the vehicle was waiting at the curb and I was specifically told which one was mine. I would guess that there is a small section for those types of things at MCO. Haven't rented Alamo at MCO in 10 years.
But they aren't renting an odd class of car, they are renting a "car guaranty". Meaning, they will be given a car from any category. Could be a minivan, compact, mid-size. I wouldn't expect it to be a sports car, but it could be.

I last did one of these bookings pre-pandemic. At MCO (and also TPA-Tampa), there was a separate aisle for the pick your car bookings. You can select from anything available on this aisle at the time. I have only booked this way a couple of times, when I was making last-minute reservations flying in for funerals. Selections were terrible, subcompacts or pick-up trucks. I don’t like to drive pick-ups so had to settle for a subcompact in each case.

I last did one of these bookings pre-pandemic. At MCO (and also TPA-Tampa), there was a separate aisle for the pick your car bookings. You can select from anything available on this aisle at the time. I have only booked this way a couple of times, when I was making last-minute reservations flying in for funerals. Selections were terrible, subcompacts or pick-up trucks. I don’t like to drive pick-ups so had to settle for a subcompact in each case.
So to answer the OP's question. they have a "We Pick" aisle along with all the other class specific isles. Good to see real world first hand knowledge of how it works.

Trucks are not covered by my Chase VISA
What specific Chase Visa do you have that doesn't cover pick up trucks? The Chase Sapphire cards certainly cover pick up trucks as long as they are less than $75,000 msrp.

What specific Chase Visa do you have that doesn't cover pick up trucks? The Chase Sapphire cards certainly cover pick up trucks as long as they are less than $75,000 msrp.
CSR. I'm looking at a benefits guide saved in my Google Drive, possibly out of date. I'm assuming it's excluded as a truck. People renting large vans, trucks and exotic vehicles need to check their coverage.

Excluded worldwide are: antique automobiles; certain vans; vehicles
that have an open cargo bed; trucks; motorcycles, mopeds, and
motorbikes; limousines; and recreational vehicles.

CSR. I'm looking at a benefits guide saved in my Google Drive, possibly out of date. I'm assuming it's excluded as a truck. People renting large vans, trucks and exotic vehicles need to check their coverage.

Excluded worldwide are: antique automobiles; certain vans; vehicles
that have an open cargo bed; trucks; motorcycles, mopeds, and
motorbikes; limousines; and recreational vehicles.
My CSP guide to benefits dated 8/15/21 adds a parenthetical after trucks: (other than pick ups.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter