Alamo "Skip the Counter" questions.

leebee

DIS Veteran
I've rented from Alamo quite frequently but have never done the "skip the counter" option. If I rent a "we pick" vehicle, where the company picks type of car, can I do "skip the counter?" I haven't rented a vehicle class/size, so how do I know what size car to take? Also, if this is the first time I've rented "skip the counter" do I have to go to the counter and show them my paperwork anyhow? I think I read this somewhere. I am recovering from knee replacement surgery and don't really want to go out to the garage, back to the counter, wait in line, and back to the garage again if I don't have to! Thanks for your help.

I have never used "You Click, We Pick", but found this thread regarding the subject.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/alamo-you-click-we-pick-and-skip-the-counter.3924154/

I love Alamo. You might try calling Alamo to validate that you will be able to skip the counter since you stated that you have rented from Alamo before. I do online check in. When you make a reservation for a specific class, you head straight to the garage to pick your car from that row in the garage. It could not be easier. Good luck.

I did the you pick we click 2 weeks ago in orlando and skipped the counter. When we go to the garage we asked an employee there which isle to choose from and they brought us to a row said any car in the row keys are in it. Go to the exit, give your credit card you booked with and drivers licence and off you go. We do this often and always have a great experience we now will pay more to rent with Alamo because of the ease and great service each time.

I did the you pick we click 2 weeks ago in orlando and skipped the counter. When we go to the garage we asked an employee there which isle to choose from and they brought us to a row said any car in the row keys are in it. Go to the exit, give your credit card you booked with and drivers licence and off you go. We do this often and always have a great experience we now will pay more to rent with Alamo because of the ease and great service each time.
Yes! This

OP, they'll direct what row to pick from.

I recently set DH to skip the counter at MCO. I booked from Costco, but I entered his reservation number in his alamo account. At some point after this, Alamo sent him a bar code via email to show when driving out of the garage after he picked his car. I entered a CC online on the Alamo website to cover that but he think he did have to show it anyway with his driver's license.

Either way, he said it was easy peasy and saved time.

Same here. I've used 'we pick' a few times with Alamo and have always been happy with their choices. I believe I got a Jeep Renegade the last time I used them (in Cincinnatti). But I'm an easy fix, too. I don't travel with a large family.

I'll stick with Alamo for the same reasons you specified: ease of use and great service.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party, but having done the "We Pick" a few weeks ago myself at MCO I can confirm what others said. I just asked an Alamo employee who pointed me to like THREE vehicles to choose from...all compact I think? I guess if they had been gone, we could have leveled up to something else. We have been really enjoying how easy Alamo has been with this feature, we just keep the scan code on our phone, pick our vehicle, and GO! I don't miss the outside booths of Thrifty/Dollar at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter