Alamo @ MCO - online check-in and head-to-your-car questions

gortman65

Proud papa to two Mouseketeers
Hi,

We've used Budget at MCO in the past but will be renting from Alamo for an upcoming trip. My reservation is through Costco Travel and I'm an Alamo Insider, so I know I can check in online and head straight to the garage to pick up the rental. Just looking for clarification on a couple of things:

1) Does Alamo have their rental cars in both the A and B garages?
2) What is the process once we get to the garage? Do I need to stop at the Alamo booth in the garage or can I head directly to the aisle for the car class we've rented, pick the car (keys are inside?), and drive to the exit booth?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

We've used Budget at MCO in the past but will be renting from Alamo for an upcoming trip. My reservation is through Costco Travel and I'm an Alamo Insider, so I know I can check in online and head straight to the garage to pick up the rental. Just looking for clarification on a couple of things:

1) Does Alamo have their rental cars in both the A and B garages?
2) What is the process once we get to the garage? Do I need to stop at the Alamo booth in the garage or can I head directly to the aisle for the car class we've rented, pick the car (keys are inside?), and drive to the exit booth?

Thanks for your help!
1. Yes, Alamo is available on both A and B sides.

2. Go to the appropriate aisle (clearly labeled), select your car, keys will be in the car, load up, drive to the exit booth, hand over drivers license, credit card, and a copy of your skip the counter reservation confirmation. Get back a printed rental agreement and your materials. Drive away. Couldn’t be easier.

Since second driver is free with Costco, I always add DW when I do the online checkin, so I also hand her DL to the attendant. I have never been asked for my Costco card (which is back home since I never carry it with me) but DW has her’s in her purse if we should happen to need one.

We usually book midsize with the Costco free upgrade coupon code, so our reservation is for a standard size car. Apparently Alamo has no standard size aisle at MCO, so the attendant directing renters to the appropriate aisles to select their cars has always sent us to the full size aisle.

Thanks for the super-helpful info - exactly the details my brain needed, and greatly appreciated!

I book with Costco, and once I am happy with rate, a few days before trip, I login to Alamo site and fill out all the info. Including 2nd driver if there is one. Print out the ticket, and at garage just pick out my car and drive out. I love picking my car! But usually it is a game to try and find one that does not smell like smoke.

Thanks for mentioning smoke smell - it really bothers my wife so I hope we find a car that doesn't smell too bad inside. I guess a person could always try the other garage at MCO if all the cars on the first side are too smoky smelling.

Thanks for mentioning smoke smell - it really bothers my wife so I hope we find a car that doesn't smell too bad inside. I guess a person could always try the other garage at MCO if all the cars on the first side are too smoky smelling.
Interesting. My DW is also very sensitive to smoke residue. We rent from Alamo three or four times a year, and I cannot remember ever having this problem. I think that all of the Alamo cars that are designated non-smoking carry a non-smoking pictogram on the driver’s side window. Perhaps we have been unusually fortunate in our choice of cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter