Alamo car rental & Android Auto (Google maps)

Disney.fan

Mouseketeer
In my own car, I rely very much on my Android Auto/Google maps to help me find my way in areas that I do not know well. Do Alamo car rentals allow us to use Android Auto for running Google maps? Thanks in advance :)

If the car you are renting has support for android auto it will work.

I make sure to always pick a car that has Apple CarPlay for the same reasons you listed.

If it works like CarPlay you may have to fiddle for awhile to get your phone connected. Each car manufacturer does it slightly differently. I have had to remove some existing connections from prior renters when a car has already reached its limit of configured phones.

As @kdonnel says above its less about Alamo policy and more about the specific car you get. It really depends on the make/model of the car as to its compatibility with your phone.

I bring one of these with me, then I don't have to worry about fiddling with the car play. Just put it on the dashboard in front of me, put my phone in it, tell Google Maps where I want to go, and we're off! It doesn't slide around or anything.

Car Phone Holder

I bring one of these with me, then I don't have to worry about fiddling with the car play. Just put it on the dashboard in front of me, put my phone in it, tell Google Maps where I want to go, and we're off! It doesn't slide around or anything. Car Phone Holder
I bring one of these with me, then I don't have to worry about fiddling with the car play. Just put it on the dashboard in front of me, put my phone in it, tell Google Maps where I want to go, and we're off! It doesn't slide around or anything. Car Phone Holder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter