Alamo at MCO: Contract Codes, Deposits with RT Airfare?

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
Hello. Am using Alamo at MCO for our May 6-10 rental. Would love to find a better rate. Does anyone know of any Alamo contract codes or coupons I could get from joining somewhere, opening an account somewhere, etc? Everything I find in Google is pre-pandemic or doesn’t work.

Can anyone confirm if Alamo charges a deposit if you have a round trip airfare ticket? Their customer service says I will not be charged a deposit but would like “real use” confirmation.

Lastly, has anyone recently used the Chime debit card to rent with Alamo? Their website doesn’t exclude it but customer service says they don’t accept it.

I found that if you are renting a car a few months out, wait and rent it the week before. The cost will drop as much as 30%. Try going on Autoslash.com and put in both the actual travel time, get the quotes and then the time for next week. The prices will drop significantly. These are the major travel agencies as well as a few off MCO site agencies.

We’re using Alamo via Costco…minivan from 5/5-5/12 for $430…it was originally around $600 when I first started looking….as far as the chime debit card I’m not certain-I know my daughter has it and can’t always use it everywhere as it’s treated as a prepaid card by some companies. Some rental agencies have crazy restrictions on using debit cards in general(Hertz, Thrifty, and Dollar all added a $500 deposit on top of the rental amount to utilize a visa debit card recently) Alamo also told me they wouldn’t add a deposit when I asked-but that was a credit card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter