• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo AD8913MJR return date conflict

Keacc

DIS Veteran
I was re-checking to see if my rate for Nov 9-16 has gone done. I made a reservation using Alamo AD8913MJR a while back with no problem. Now I am getting a "return date conflict" when I try to use it. Does anyone know when the expiration date is? Will Alamo try to up the charge on my current reservation when I try to check in?

Have you tried to View/Modify your existing reservation with that code? When I try accessing mine it won't even bring it up, but instead gives an error "could not validate coupon." This happened to me last year as well and I had to call to cancel it since you can no longer access the reservation on line. I wasn't going to take any chances when I got to the airport. My dates are 7/15-7/20, so not sure what the new valid dates are for the coupon.

I can't access it. The rate I had with the coupon was $504 for a Suburban. The rate now is $587. That really stinks if I have to rebook at that rate.

I can't access it. The rate I had with the coupon was $504 for a Suburban. The rate now is $587. That really stinks if I have to rebook at that rate.
just checked mine this morning. my reservation too, is showing can't validate coupon. made this reservation last week and it seems alamo is just canceling it out without notification or reason. going to call. I have a copy of original reservation. is this even legal

This has happened before and either they will remove the coupon or try to add a new one on your behalf. It's hard to legitimately argue over this coupon since it was from a Latin American website. My problem is that I am leaving in 2 days and Alamo's rates are now double what they were originally. I honestly think something is wrong with their website because I couldn't even email them about the issue directly. Kept redirecting me to opinionlab to give feedback about them. So frustrating, but this is what can happen when we use questionable coupons. :crazy2:

This has happened before and either they will remove the coupon or try to add a new one on your behalf. It's hard to legitimately argue over this coupon since it was from a Latin American website. My problem is that I am leaving in 2 days and Alamo's rates are now double what they were originally. I honestly think something is wrong with their website because I couldn't even email them about the issue directly. Kept redirecting me to opinionlab to give feedback about them. So frustrating, but this is what can happen when we use questionable coupons. :crazy2:
Yikes!
Hoping they won’t just cancel out the whole reservation and force us to rebook at current rates! Can you please report back what happened to you? Good luck!

Yikes!
Hoping they won’t just cancel out the whole reservation and force us to rebook at current rates! Can you please report back what happened to you? Good luck!

I was able to find an email online, but not through the website. Apparently they are going through a website change. Within an hour they responded and advised that they were able to access my reservation and both the coupon and the discount are still showing. Here's a cut and paste of what was said: "Rates are locked in at the time of booking and would not change on a reservation unless a modification is made upon which the rates at that time would apply. I have verified that your reservation ************* for Orlando does still include the $30 off coupon and Disney Passholder rates as well as your Alamo Insider benefits."

I emailed her back to advise I couldn't access the online check in and, again, a very quick reply of this: "Some third party coupons prevent the option of checking in online and skipping the counter unfortunately. I was able to duplicate the error online and also confirmed this with a member of our management team. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will make sure to get processed as quickly as possible when you arrive either at the counter or one of our available kiosks."

I feel like Alamo is handling it as well as possible, I just dread having to most likely stand in line at the desk. I'm so used to going straight to the garage and picking out car, but it's such a good rate that nothing else is getting close to. First World problems.

Alamo can not open my reservations with that coupon code. I asked them about cancelling it but they can't even do that. I had to re-book at a higher rate using a different coupon code. $9 more ($513)on our Suburban but $35 more ($340) on our Std SUV. Our reservations are for Nov 9-16, so I hope the Std SUV comes down.

Same issue trying to rebook res starting 6/29.

I’ll keep what i have but make another JIK with $25 coupon JIK

Even though Alamo has assured me multiple times I will have no issue with my AD8913MJR reservation - just can't do online check in and skip the counter - I was finally able to get within $8. of my original reservation using the APH code and $25. coupon. I will email them to cancel out my old reservation since I cannot. In fact, they told me today they can't even cancel themselves right now, but the IT Team is aware of the issue and is actively working on it. Everyone I have spoken to or communicated with by email at Alamo has been very concerned, helpful and professional.

I so love going straight to the parking garage that it's worth $8 extra to me. I am a very Type A personality so NO issues are what I am always striving for. :teeth:

Even though Alamo has assured me multiple times I will have no issue with my AD8913MJR reservation - just can't do online check in and skip the counter - I was finally able to get within $8. of my original reservation using the APH code and $25. coupon. I will email them to cancel out my old reservation since I cannot. In fact, they told me today they can't even cancel themselves right now, but the IT Team is aware of the issue and is actively working on it. Everyone I have spoken to or communicated with by email at Alamo has been very concerned, helpful and professional.

I so love going straight to the parking garage that it's worth $8 extra to me. I am a very Type A personality so NO issues are what I am always striving for. :teeth:
That’s great! What is your $25 coupon code? We may try to do the same thing- we did skip the counter last time and now we are hooked. Please let us know how it all works out, including the cancellation of your first reservation. Thanks!

I called about this today. I was on the phone for about 15 minutes while she tried various things. She said id need to go to the counter and present the coupon.

I booked a new reservation. It’s a little higher than I like but I really like skipping the counter and choosing our vehicle. We are kicking around just using DME.

I am also looking for a Suburban for Nov 12 - 18 with Alamo. Even using my Costco discount it is $800. OMG
Anyone getting better pricing ? What discounts are you using.

I got a Suburban Nov 9-16 for $513 including taxes. I used my Costco Contract and a $25 off coupon.

This happened last year. If you contact them via their website, you can ask to cancel the reservation(s) you are locked out of. Here is the direct link: https://location.opinionlab.com/?sid=alamo&referer=https://location.alamo.com/en/support&radius=15#/en. I got an email within a few hours confirming my reservations were cancelled.
I'm in the same situation and am trying to contact them. This link just takes me to a page to enter location info to leave feedback. When I go to their Contact us page on the website and hit the Send Us an Email button, it takes me to the same page with no where to send them an email.

Does anyone have an actual email address for customer service? I googled but haven't found anything. Thanks!

I'm in the same situation and am trying to contact them. This link just takes me to a page to enter location info to leave feedback. When I go to their Contact us page on the website and hit the Send Us an Email button, it takes me to the same page with no where to send them an email.

Does anyone have an actual email address for customer service? I googled but haven't found anything. Thanks!
That's the link to use. Choose the MCO location and under topic, you can use "Reservation Issues & Questions". As I previously mentioned, I received an email confirmation a few hours later from a customer service rep confirming that she cancelled my two reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter