• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aladdin West End On Disney+

RebelScum514

Earning My Ears
It was announced a while ago that Aladdin (the Broadway musical) would be added to Disney+ in the spring of 2021 but that season has passed and I couldn’t find anything on a new release date. Does anyone know when it’s going to be released onto Disney+.

I googled, and couldn't find anything either. Last messages are from January 2021. Some say Spring, some say even April, but nothing after that.
Only other things is that the show is recorded in New York with a combined cast from all over the world.

I do wonder how successful this will be. Hamilton was something really special and I get that people specifically got a Disney + subscription just for this.
I don't think Aladdin was that well-received on Broadway to make it worthwhile.
Maybe because of the recent new releases on Disney + haven't been that successful either, think Mulan etc., maybe it got postpone/cancelled?

The only "official" date it came close to was September last year. The cast briefly teased it on social media then at the last minute the announcement was scrapped (presumably because Disney decided to do Mulan on Premiere Access in September instead).

Then the poster was leaked by Apple TV. That just said 2020 so everyone speculated it would get a holiday release. Disney never announced it and released Soul for Christmas. In January DisInsider reported it would be coming Spring/April 2021but that didn't happen either.

Officially Disney have never announced it. I'm guessing with the vaccine rollout going well and Broadway returning in September Disney have decided to hold off releasing it for now rather than take away from that. Most likely it will get a weekend of special screenings in select cinemas before releasing on Disney+ (like Newsies). It will happen. It's a popular show and big IP, it's already filmed and ready to go so it's a question of when not if.

The show was recorded in London in August 2019. The principals were selected from all English speaking productions (US, UK, AUS, US Tour) with the West End ensemble. They did a week of recording after the West End show closed then one performance with an audience for the reactions.

I'm still waiting for Aladdin Live At The West End to come at Disney+! What in the name of Walter Elia Disney is taking so dang long? They better release it soon. And while they're at it, I hope the filmed the current stage version of Beauty and the Beast that's on tour in the U.K.

I'm still waiting for Aladdin Live At The West End to come at Disney+! What in the name of Walter Elia Disney is taking so dang long? They better release it soon. And while they're at it, I hope the filmed the current stage version of Beauty and the Beast that's on tour in the U.K.
In comparison to the original Broadway show they created in 1994, this UK Tour is very watered down. The complete scene with Monsieur D'Arque got cancelled, robbing Gaston of a logical climax. It's really weird when Belle and Maurice come back to the village and all of a sudden there is a plan about locking up Maurice.
The song between Belle and Maurice got cancelled, so the development of their relationship got cut. The show is still the same length as they have added more dance intervals to the song Gaston and Be Our Guest.

There was so much wrong with that show, I wrote a 14 page essay on it after seeing it last month :D

In comparison to the original Broadway show they created in 1994, this UK Tour is very watered down. The complete scene with Monsieur D'Arque got cancelled, robbing Gaston of a logical climax. It's really weird when Belle and Maurice come back to the village and all of a sudden there is a plan about locking up Maurice.
The song between Belle and Maurice got cancelled, so the development of their relationship got cut. The show is still the same length as they have added more dance intervals to the song Gaston and Be Our Guest.

There was so much wrong with that show, I wrote a 14 page essay on it after seeing it last month :D
I've heard. But, thank goodness I seen the original production of Beauty and the Beast at the Shubert Theatre in the 90s.

Lady I’d heard of it was holidays last year maybe they are holding it for post November 2022 as a means to get the people who were locked into the 3 year founders circle plan to renew

I’m giving up hope for Aladdin Live At The West End. Disney will never released it on Disneyplus, probably they’re too ashamed of it. I know it sucks it didn’t get a Tony Award for best musical, well, neither did Newsies but as least they got their pro shot film. I guess Disney wants to keep it to themselves. I blame the stupid executives! I want them fired! Anyway, I don’t think we’ll ever see Aladdin Live At The West End, because they're too scared to release it. Disney needs to learn to not make false promises. I’m afraid Newsies and Hamilton (Not Disney’s musical) is the only pro shot films we'll get on Disney+. I’m sorry, but I’m giving up hope on it.:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter