• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aladdin not ready for Wish maiden voyage

This delay seems so long… I almost wonder if they need special equipment or permits to make the carpet fly and can’t get some part they need…? Pure speculation on my part but it seems too long a delay to be an issue with cast?
Also I agree unless the problem is they haven’t casted everyone yet? Definitely not just CMs having Covid.

Your post is coming off as telling me how I should feel.

I personally think 2 months after something is supposed to launch is a sensible amount of time for them to work out the “kinks”. I also think that charging full price + the wish surcharge and stuffing the ship full requires a high level of service. I’ll pack my patience to a point, but a $7k sailing is a $7k sailing. If they aren’t ready to provide a “full price experience” then they shouldn’t charge full price.
DCL is going to charge full price for anything they can. Its a business. They did it during Covid for FAR less than is being offered on the Wish.

I think several of us on this board are... confused as to how this is such a deal breaker/pressure point when the show has been available for years. I would have been livid if they chose either of the two new shows to put on hold.

Also: If you expect everything to be available on cruises all the time, I suggest you actually read your cruise contract before sailing. You basically sign your life away.

The way I see it, they were nice enough to at least let you know in advance. If its such a sticking point, you could always claim Covid and reschedule.

This delay seems so long… I almost wonder if they need special equipment or permits to make the carpet fly and can’t get some part they need…? Pure speculation on my part but it seems too long a delay to be an issue with cast?
It must be technical. It's either in the new shows which take longer, or something like your suggestion. An issue with the flying carpet is very possible. Maybe they want to upgrade the show after DL and the Fantasy. Only what they have in mind is not as quickly implemented as they thought. Maybe because of all the supply issues Covid caused,, there is a delay in the delivery of the new magic carpet ;-)
After Covid and all the stuff the theaterworld has gone through, I am sure a company like Disney doesn't have to look very hard to find actors.

Interesting rule about 6 months I was on the Dream in February about 2 weeks after it sailed and not too many issues I remember. Same with Fantasy. I was on first Eastern on the ship. So I think like the third cruise.

This time I was scheduled for August, but with push it back to February 2023 for health reasons
I am only aware of it because we were interested in sailing on the Sovereign of the Seas when it launched in January 1988. At the advise of our Travel Agent we waited until October 1988. I guess there were some issues for the first few months that were worked out by the time we sailed.

DCL is going to charge full price for anything they can. Its a business. They did it during Covid for FAR less than is being offered on the Wish.

I think several of us on this board are... confused as to how this is such a deal breaker/pressure point when the show has been available for years. I would have been livid if they chose either of the two new shows to put on hold.

Also: If you expect everything to be available on cruises all the time, I suggest you actually read your cruise contract before sailing. You basically sign your life away.

The way I see it, they were nice enough to at least let you know in advance. If its such a sticking point, you could always claim Covid and reschedule.

That's a pretty privileged position. Not everyone can sail multiple ships. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime sailing for many and it's irrelevant that it was available on other ships. The length of the delay sure makes it seem like Disney messed up here and I can understand the disappointment for those who paid for three big shows and got two, even if they have seen it before. Also, there is a big difference between what a contract allows a company to do and what it should do to maintain its brand image and ensure customers keep paying premium rates for their product. Disney is held to a higher standard because people pay more for it. They should do something here to make up for not delivering what was sold, like a small onboard credit, or a special guest performer. Just my two cents and how I would run the operation if I wanted people to associate my brand as being better than others.

P.S. I wouldn't feel the same way about a missed port, which is just part of cruising, and can't be fixed with adequate planning and resources. I wouldn't even feel that way about a show canceled last minute because of an emergency. This seems different.

Last edited:
That's a pretty privileged position. Not everyone can sail multiple ships. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime sailing for many and it's irrelevant that it was available on other ships. The length of the delay sure makes it seem like Disney messed up here and I can understand the disappointment for those who paid for three big shows and got two, even if they have seen it before. Also, there is a big difference between what a contract allows a company to do and what it should do to maintain its brand image and ensure customers keep paying premium rates for their product. Disney is held to a higher standard because people pay more for it. They should do something here to make up for not delivering what was sold, like a small onboard credit, or a special guest performer. Just my two cents and how I would run the operation if I wanted people to associate my brand as being better than others.

P.S. I wouldn't feel the same way about a missed port, which is just part of cruising, and can't be fixed with adequate planning and resources. I wouldn't even feel that way about a show canceled last minute because of an emergency. This seems different.

I was going to post a response but you’ve captured all my thoughts - thank you. We aren’t avid cruisers and this is a “once in a lifetime” family vacation on the Wish. Before kids, my wife and I experienced the dream, and within the next 6 years or so, we hope we can experience the Magic. There is no “next time” for us on this ship or show, hence the disappointment.

I’ve read similar reports that the Uncharted Adventures app was also not ready. I’ll again be disappointed if it’s not available for our sailing - my 6yo and I were looking forward to exploring the interactive elements of the ship during my son’s nap times.

I was going to post a response but you’ve captured all my thoughts - thank you. We aren’t avid cruisers and this is a “once in a lifetime” family vacation on the Wish. Before kids, my wife and I experienced the dream, and within the next 6 years or so, we hope we can experience the Magic. There is no “next time” for us on this ship or show, hence the disappointment.

I’ve read similar reports that the Uncharted Adventures app was also not ready. I’ll again be disappointed if it’s not available for our sailing - my 6yo and I were looking forward to exploring the interactive elements of the ship during my son’s nap times.
This would be a total bummer on the Uncharted Adventures. I love Disney scavenger hunts.

Absolutely lame - Disney are an entertainment company first and a cruise company second, no excuse for that component not to be ready

Purely complacency and/or poor planning from Disney - very easily avoided.

They sold a cruise promising three broadway style shows and now delivering only two, I’ll be asking for a credit and/or compensation when on board in a fortnight. Travelling from Australia, to cruise on the latest and newest ship - Disney should be providing what they advertise and promise.

Not all of us live in Florida and can easily go on another cruise as has been suggested by some on here

Don't count on getting in the Hyperspace lounge either!

Absolutely lame - Disney are an entertainment company first and a cruise company second, no excuse for that component not to be ready

They sold a cruise promising three broadway style shows and now delivering only two, I’ll be asking for a credit and/or compensation when on board in a fortnight. Travelling from Australia, to cruise on the latest and newest ship - Disney should be providing what they advertise and promise.

Not all of us live in Florida and can easily go on another cruise as has been suggested by some on here
Let us know if they offer anything

"Disney" is a brand with many companies within its brand. Disney Cruise Line is a cruise company/corporation first. They sold you a cruise advertising three broadway style shows, with no actual promise or guarantee that all shows, services, or amenities would be available at the time of your sailing.

Sure, they put in the contract or ticket mumbo-jumbo that they don't have to give you anything for your money. But sooner or later people are going to realize that they lure you into buying a ticket with all of this fancy advertising of the great new attractions and there is a good chance you won't even get to experience the thing that caused you to buy the ticket. Like RotR, or anything with a queue, or on DCL a cabana, Palo and now the Hyperspace Lounge on the Wish. Seems like legalized (?) gambling.

Don't count on getting in the Hyperspace lounge either!
You’d think for this they’d just do a VQ… it works well enough for trader Sam’s at WDW and this way it gives everyone a fair shot and not just those fortunate enough to get an early PAT (or are concierge/platinum level cruisers if they go to booking reservations when you book activities like with the premium restaurants)

Well, just depends why individuals are cruising. We cruise for the ports and to be at sea. The shows have never been a reason to choose a particular cruise, they are just a bonus.

No where does it list the # of shows....This is right from the web-site for a 3 night cruise and a 4 night cruise where it lists what is included...

Broadway-Quality Shows
Enjoy original Disney productions or live acts during your cruise.

No where does it list the # of shows....This is right from the web-site for a 3 night cruise and a 4 night cruise where it lists what is included...

Broadway-Quality Shows
Enjoy original Disney productions or live acts during your cruise.
I guess if you don't count all their marketing and their own website describing why you should sail on the Wish:

Screenshot_20220716-200909_Chrome.jpg

It was clearly intended to be part of what a person was buying, otherwise they wouldn't have sent emails to customers informing them it would not be part of their sailing. You can't just ignore all of their own materials other than the one booking section you pulled up that speaks more generally. They really dropped the ball here and didn't deliver what they marketed to customers.

Last edited:
We're on the Aug. 22-26 sailing and haven't received the email ... yet.
I’m on the August 15-19 and 19-22. I received a “no go” email for the August 15 sailing but have not received anything in regards to the 29th sailing (yet).

I guess if you don't count all their marketing and their own website describing why you should sail on the Wish:

View attachment 685551
That still doesn't say you will have one every night, or every show on each cruise. I understand that tonight they had the gal who did the singing for Ariel, Jodi Benson.

Commenting on your edit: Since we are still getting over the COVID BS I personally don't see how DCL would know that things would not be ready since that marketing came out before the delays. There are still shows at the Parks that are not back on line due to staffing issues.

Last edited:
That still doesn't say you will have one every night, or every show on each cruise. I understand that tonight they had the gal who did the singing for Ariel, Jodi Benson.

Commenting on your edit: Since we are still getting over the COVID BS I personally don't see how DCL would know that things would not be ready since that marketing came out before the delays. There are still shows at the Parks that are not back on line due to staffing issues.
I don't understand the argument you are making that you can market three shows, list three on your website, but customers shouldn't expect that if you don't explicitly say on the reservation page that you will get all three shows. I don't know why it would need to be spelled out there when it is everywhere else.

From the outside, it looks like the delay is a bit long for what I would expect from some Covid cases in the cast, for example. It appears much more like bad planning, lack of devoting sufficient resources, or the like to me. But, regardless of the reason, I think guests have a legitimate reason to be disappointed and that it would be smart for Disney to make a small gesture to make it up to them and build brand loyalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter