AKV value rooms - when?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Now that my '07 plans are finished, I'm planning our '08 trips which will begin in May next year. Will the AKV value rooms (studios) be available in December '08? I'm a few points shy of what I need if I stick with standard and savannah...and I really don't want to borrow AKV points, that's always been my first step to add ons!;)

Bobbi:goodvibes

Now that my '07 plans are finished, I'm planning our '08 trips which will begin in May next year. Will the AKV value rooms (studios) be available in December '08? I'm a few points shy of what I need if I stick with standard and savannah...and I really don't want to borrow AKV points, that's always been my first step to add ons!;)

Based on the map that shows the construction phases, it looks like the bulk (and maybe all) of the value villas will be ready in May 2008.

Based on the map that shows the construction phases, it looks like the bulk (and maybe all) of the value villas will be ready in May 2008.

Thank you, you certainly know of and understand the maps that you see! That is a great answer as far as I am concerned as well.

Thank you, you certainly know of and understand the maps that you see! That is a great answer as far as I am concerned as well.

I've heard the Value villas described as "smaller or oddly shaped". We know where the smaller villas will be since they will be created from the standard-sized AKL rooms on the 5th floor and those are along both sides of the Giraffe and Ostrich trails (the two short trails right at the front of the resort). If there will also be value villas elsewhere in the resort (those "oddly shaped" ones) I haven't got a clue where they will be. So maybe we'll be surprised with some value villas appearing earlier than May 2008. But most of them will be those smaller ones along the front trails and they are included in the red outlined area on the map, listed as due to be completed in May 2008, along with those concierge villas!

In my earlier post I forgot to include the link to the map, so here it is: http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/resorts/animalKingdomVillas/DAKVMap.pdf

As you look at the map, and at the present building, is the left hand side of the circle, the part that seems to have white dashes, the part that is opening in December 2007? That's really a good portion of the rooms.

I've only stayed in one of the smaller rooms, outlined in red, we faced the bus stop...but for the Saturday night points in a value studio in December, I would do it again, especially if it saves the cost of an add on.

Thank you.

As you look at the map, and at the present building, is the left hand side of the circle, the part that seems to have white dashes, the part that is opening in December 2007? That's really a good portion of the rooms.

I've only stayed in one of the smaller rooms, outlined in red, we faced the bus stop...but for the Saturday night points in a value studio in December, I would do it again, especially if it saves the cost of an add on.

Thank you.

Wow! That's one of the fastest onsets of "addonitis" I've ever heard of!:confused3

No incubation period! :sad2:

I hope it's not catching! :scared1:

Wow! That's one of the fastest onsets of "addonitis" I've ever heard of!:confused3

No incubation period! :sad2:

I hope it's not catching! :scared1:

Please!!!!:lmao: there have been faster cases I'm sure, and I'm doing all I can to avoid an add on. We started with 200 points in fall of 2003, and we now have 675. We are finished, I think.

My Problem is, if we only had savannah and standard views available, I would be 4 points shy (without borrowing) of what I want to do at AKV in '08, well, those value rooms, give me the option of making our points "work." See, no addonitis!!!!:rotfl:

Yes -- that area surrounded by white dashes is supposed to open in Dec and will double the number of villas available in July/Sep.

The interesting thing about the value villas is that about half of them will face the pool or the Sunset savannah. So you will have about a 50/50 chance of getting a pool or savannah view rather than a parking lot view. But even with a parking lot view, it's quite a deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter