AKV: Some important dates to know

Does anyone know how many rooms and room types will be available in phase one? If there are 134 villas in Jambo house and we already know club level room won't be available until 2008, will all other views, ie. Sav, standard and value be available. When is phase 2 and what is that schedule? Just curious what we will have available to book in the October. November time frame:confused3

Does anyone know how many rooms and room types will be available in phase one? If there are 134 villas in Jambo house and we already know club level room won't be available until 2008, will all other views, ie. Sav, standard and value be available. When is phase 2 and what is that schedule? Just curious what we will have available to book in the October. November time frame:confused3

I was told by my guide all others would be available. Of course, NOT the 5 occupancy studios yet, because they will be in the new building.

As for the phases...I believe phase 1&2 are in the old building, and maybe a part of phase 3. That was another bit of information passed on by our guide. He wasn't sure about the phase 3 part, because he couldn't quite decifer it from the memo he had.

According to the resort map:

9488AKVmap.jpg

and using THAT as demarkation of phases, Phase I and II will open to DVC members on Sept 1. Phase III in Dec and Phase IV (including the concierge rooms) will open in May of '08.

I'm not sure what the room breakdown for opening in Sept was...I know it was listed in our paperwork...but I want to say it was AROUND 55 rooms, mostly 2 BR lockoffs but some dedicated studios. Then there were an additional 50 units coming online in Dec, and the remainder in May.

I'll check tonight, when I get home, and confirm what's in the paperwork tomorrow.

Interesting.

We were told that at least a limited number of 07 UY points would be available to the general public....

We are new members. We had contacted our guide to call us on March 5th as soon as the sales were open to the public. We got Sept UY and we did get 07 UY points. We also got the $8 incentive off of the new $104 price. ($96).

We are new members. We had contacted our guide to call us on March 5th as soon as the sales were open to the public. We got Sept UY and we did get 07 UY points. We also got the $8 incentive off of the new $104 price. ($96).

We are too, and we did the same thing you did (and got the same deal).

The post you were responding to was from early to mid February when the details weren't hammered out yet. Back then we didn't have any concrete info yet...and didn't REALLY get any until just about 5 days before the points went on sale on March 5th. :)

I'm not sure what the room breakdown for opening in Sept was...I know it was listed in our paperwork...but I want to say it was AROUND 55 rooms, mostly 2 BR lockoffs but some dedicated studios. Then there were an additional 50 units coming online in Dec, and the remainder in May.

I'll check tonight, when I get home, and confirm what's in the paperwork tomorrow.

The numbers above are basically correct according to the public offering statement we have. In total, there will be 96 units (not 105) on line by the end of '07. 6 GV's (which is where the difference was), 56 2 BR lockoffs, and 32 studios.

and using THAT as demarkation of phases, Phase I and II will open to DVC members on Sept 1.

Why is the area with the white dots noted as opening in July?

Why is the area with the white dots noted as opening in July?

It's a good question and one that's been discussed in other places. Nobody's really sure, but we speculated a bit.

They MAY open in July, and get used as "test" rooms or get rented out for cash through CRO...or both at different times. It would let them work out the kinks/bugs in the system before official opening...sorta like a "DVC preview" and then a "soft opening" for attractions.

if all of those phases in the main building are villas, how many rooms are to be located in the villas building being constructed? that looks like enough for half of disney!!:confused:

9488AKVmap.jpg

and using THAT as demarkation of phases, Phase I and II will open to DVC members on Sept 1. Phase III in Dec and Phase IV (including the concierge rooms) will open in May of '08.

Our AKV paperwork states:

94 rooms

3 Grand Villas
51 2 bedrooms (can be locked off into One-bedroom and studio)
36 studios

(I know the math doesn't add up, but that is what it states)

14 vacation homes will be available in the preopening program.

if all of those phases in the main building are villas, how many rooms are to be located in the villas building being constructed? that looks like enough for half of disney!!:confused:

Existing lodge will have 134 units, new building will have 324 units, bringing the total to 458 units. At least, thats what the Press Release says, so figure somewhere around that number in both places.

I called MS today and here is what I was told...

Starting May 16th DVC members who own at AKV may make ressies using only their AKV points. Rooms will be released starting in July. I asked how many studios are open for August and I was told 7 but to have flexable dates as they expect to be very busy.

I confirmed I can use points not cash for August!

If I want to use my BCV points I have to wait until June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter