• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV rooms are beautiful!

CMedley78

Mouseketeer
My DH and I just returned from WDW and we had a chance to check out the new AKV rooms at the DVC preview center at SSR. My god are they beautiful! We were amazed at the furniture, the bathrooms, all the little details in the room. There are even hidden Mickey's in the carpet! If anyone gets a chance to check out the rooms on your next trip to WDW, I highly recommend it. You will be amazed!

I agree:goodvibes sooo, are you thinking about adding on??? We did and on each trip since we've added on, we have to stop in at Animal Kingdom Lodge just for an hour or so, to see how things are progressing, and to enjoy the atmosphere...can't wait until our first stay there, which will be in September.
Bobbi:goodvibes

I don't think the pictures do them justice. We were absolutely blown away when we saw the models at SSR, and that was after seeing the pictures.

The little extras really get me. For example, the African music playing in the hallway on the way to the model room. DVC sure does know how to market the product.
I'm just thankful there not selling Corvettes. I'd probably leave with two.

PS: We had two AKV contracts going in to see the model.
We left with four. :teeth:

MG

Any chance someone could post some pictures???
As mikeandkarla posted, I have links to pictures of the models in my signature. These photos were taken in early April and updated in early May with the latest changes at that time. There have been a few more changes since then but I think these photos are pretty close to the final version of the model rooms. One thing that is missing from the photos is a picture of the tub/shower in the second bathroom. There is one in there, but for some reason I don't have a photo of it.

These are models of the villas that will be built in the new building (Kidani Village) opening in 2009. The villas in the AKL building (Jambo House) are different. There is no second bathroom in the 1BR, the master bathroom has a combined tub and shower rather than a separate shower stall and the kitchen is L-shaped but based on artists' renderings, the furnishings in the Jambo House villas are very similar to those in the models.

We are definitely thinking about adding on. We probably won't do it until the spring, but we may do a small contract at AKV and then also add more to our SSR contract.

Lisa's picture are great, but I agree that no picture will do the rooms justice. Be sure to get to SSR to check out the rooms...you'll be glad you did! :thumbsup2

I totally agree with MG that the photos do NOT do the rooms justice! We saw them last month, and even our pics don't do them justice from what we saw!

As mikeandkarla posted, I have links to pictures of the models in my signature. These photos were taken in early April and updated in early May with the latest changes at that time. There have been a few more changes since then but I think these photos are pretty close to the final version of the model rooms. One thing that is missing from the photos is a picture of the tub/shower in the second bathroom. There is one in there, but for some reason I don't have a photo of it.

These are models of the villas that will be built in the new building (Kidani Village) opening in 2009. The villas in the AKL building (Jambo House) are different. There is no second bathroom in the 1BR, the master bathroom has a combined tub and shower rather than a separate shower stall and the kitchen is L-shaped but based on artists' renderings, the furnishings in the Jambo House villas are very similar to those in the models.

Lisa,
Where did you learn of the room differnces other than the second bathroom?

Thanks for the info! ::MickeyMo

I'm so glad that I have included a stop at SSR to see the models on our next trip in August. Can't wait to see the rooms.

Maybe I should bring the check book??:scratchin

We stopped into the Preview Center on Saturday and found the model rooms for AKV to be spectacular. They really did a great job with the furniture and decorations to make it the AK theme.

Tiffany

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter