AKV resales deed location

ajiuo

Practically Perfect In Every Way
I know that it technically doesn’t matter as far as reservations go... but. When buying resale is there a way to find out if the deed is for Jambo or Kidani, if you do in fact have a personal preference? It doesn’t seem to say on any of the resale sites. Would they be able to tell you if you emailed them?

The best way to find out is to simply ask the owners -- they would know because whenever they make any reservations, the system shows whether you own at Jambo or Kidani. The documents you will or can get may or may not expressly show it and your broker likely will not know unless it asks the owner. A possible source would be the existing deed of the current owner, which the owner likely has or you may be able find in the Orange County Comptroller's site: https://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/? However, only some such deeds would specifically show whether it is Jambo or Kidani. When Disney originally started selling AKV and for some years after, there was no notation on the deed for the applicable building. At some later point it started adding the name of the building at the top left of the deed, so the more modern AKV deeds from DVD will identify the building. If your purchaser purchased resale, it is unlikely to do so even during more modern times. Nevertheless, the body of all deeds should still show the applicable AKV "Unit" number involved in the purchase. I believe all units from 1 to 56 are Jambo and all above that are Kidani but I am not certain of that. (Note, a "unit" is usually a combination of rooms and not a single room.)

And, as you note, it makes no difference which building you own as you can reserve at 11 months out at both and your annual dues apply to both buildings.

Last edited:
AKV K owner here. It doesn't matter. You can book J at 11 months. There was a brief computer glitch last year, but it was corrected in a few days. I didn't even know I was K until I got my deed. Broker can likely tell you--but it doesn't matter.

The only time is matters is if, god forbid, a fire etc would close say Jambo, and you own jambo your points would be suspended until the resort was re-opened.
To date, I don't believe they have enforced this rule. VB had closed when hurricanes did some heavy damage, but DVC allowed owned to use their points else where.

Nevertheless, the body of all deeds should still show the applicable AKV "Unit" number involved in the purchase. I believe all units from 1 to 56 are Jambo and all above that are Kidani but I am not certain of that. (Note, a "unit" is usually a combination of rooms and not a single room.)

And, as you note, it makes no difference which building you own as you can reserve at 11 months out at both and your annual dues apply to both buildings.
drusba is correct; Residential Units 01 through 56 are located at Jambo House and Units 57A through 120C are located at Kidani Village. And also like she says, it really doesn't make much difference which building you own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter