AKV planning (or replanning)

tomandrobin

DIS Veteran
We (actually I) are all exceited to start planning our first trip to AKV. But have a problem of having two Disney trips planned for this fall/winter and I really want to stay this fall. I'm trying to talk the wife in changing our October reservations to AKV and I get is the look....:rolleyes2. She wants to wait to spring, talk about having your cake and not being able to eat it.

Anyway, is anyone alredy planning thier first AKV trip this fall, or are you in the same situation as us......all booked up!

Good luck and have a great vacation.

:offtopic:

Careful... delicate subject to follow... risky man to man suggestion.

Tom... don't want to be upsetting, but "the wife" is like "the dog" or "the woodstove". I am sure Robin would prefer "my wife" or "dear wife" or "DW". By the looks of your avatar it seems more appropriate. :flower3:

I am fortunate enough to have the WDW marathon to look forward to in January!

We had used all of our 2007 and 2008 points for an upcoming family reunion trip in August. We were going to have to pay cash for the marathon trip, now not only will we not have to pay cash, but we get to stay at AKV!:cool1:

I am thinking replanning one of our two planned vacations.

In October I am taking my mom on the DVC Members Cruise and we have reservations at BCV studio for a few days. I am going to talk to her and see if she wants to try AKV then.

In November we are doing our annual family trip and currently have reservations at OKW in a 2 bedroom for a week.

The determining factor is what is available come May 16th. I think for the first trip it would be fun to do the two bedroom for the week November and borrow 2008 points and blow the whole wad on Club Level. I just don't know if the practical side of me will let me do it though.

We will be booking 10/27 thru 11/3 if its available, point chart says 108 points for savannah studio or 126 for concierge.

Halloween is my birthday should be alot of fun!!!!

We're also going to ssr in 3 weeks with another visit planned for new years eve, will try and book the nye trip tomorrow.

How about a split stay? Keeps everyone happy.

And Rob---thank you SO much for that. "The wife" is my total pet peeve!

We will be booking 10/27 thru 11/3 if its available, point chart says 108 points for savannah studio or 126 for concierge.

Halloween is my birthday should be alot of fun!!!!

We're also going to ssr in 3 weeks with another visit planned for new years eve, will try and book the nye trip tomorrow.

Wow, talk about deja vue. We are going Oct 29 - Nov 4 and Dec 27 - Jan 2. We are also going first week in March, third week in May and maybe labor day weekend.

Oh...good luck on those NYE ressies

We've got a busy travel season ahead of us, We're also booked on Royal Caribbeans Freedom of the Seas :sail: April school vacation 07, Next year 08 we'll spend school vacation at ssr.

Geez!!! Now that I think about it I'm gonna need a vacation from planning all these vacations! :crazy:

We are going Sept 25-Oct 3. Originally booked at BCV and Vero (or will at 7 month mark). I'm going to change the first day of the BCV ressie to one night at AKV to check it out! We will have a car, so no problem with moving.
Our anniversary is that week so I think a nice dinner at Jiko will make our stay perfect.:

Yup, we're all booked up as well.

8 days in May and 6 in October, both at SSR. I've banked my remaining points for the year already. I'm thinking of spending my Fall '08 vacation entirely at Disney (we usually split time with our Marriott resorts). We'll try for a couple days at AKV then.

But you can bet I'll be looking to tour something in May. I hope they'll have the models open.

I already have a one night AKL concierge reservation for 12/1 before our Disney Cruise. I plan to change that to a concierge stay with points. Then our March 15 - 20, 2008 trip will be at AKV.

I've got a stay booked from Sept. 30 - Oct. 8 at BWV and am planning to switch resorts to AKV either the first or last day of my stay. Haven't decided which yet, but that will obviously depend on availability.

:offtopic:

Careful... delicate subject to follow... risky man to man suggestion.

Tom... don't want to be upsetting, but "the wife" is like "the dog" or "the woodstove". I am sure Robin would prefer "my wife" or "dear wife" or "DW". By the looks of your avatar it seems more appropriate. :flower3:

DH sometimes calls me "the wifey" like that's suppose to be much cutier:cutie: He has called me "dude" before so I guess I prefer "wifey":rotfl2:

I'm keeping our BW view studio (because Don has never seen that) for our F & W and MNSSHP weekend. Thinking of maybe booking a 2 BR at VAK as a Christmas present for my brother's family. I'd book it for early Jan after our Windsor Hills villa stay. Of course, I'd want to tag along and check it all out too.

We're planning on doing the land/sea at the beginning of October, with another couple and were planning on adding 3 days at BCV or BWV at the end of our trip as our friends plan on staying at the Dolphin. Now this messes me up, if we add on 150 at AKV, I'd want to use my bonus 150 pts at AKV instead!!!! Oh decisions, decisions!!!!

Well we already had booked a week at OKW in June and taking DD27 along with us (she is a school teacher and can only take vacations in the summer). We also had a week at HHI booked for September. This is in addition to a trip to NYC in March for our 35th anniversary. We had preliminarily planned on a trip May 2008 for F&G probably staying at SSR and a trip to HHI in September of 2008. My plan is to keep all of this and just insert AKV in at other times. We're definitely doing AKV for this coming December when the points are low, that is if we can get the ressies made. I would think our next trip using the AKV points might would be January 2009.

Hey TomandRobin,

We are going to try thanksgiving week at AKV (school aged kids).

She (the wife, ehem);) will probably catch the bug soon once the pics of the rooms start coming out and such. Maybe have a romantic viewing of the Lion king, spray the room with cinnamon and lay a kente cloth in front of the fireplace. You've got to get creative with us wives.:thumbsup2

DH sometimes calls me "the wifey" like that's suppose to be much cutier:cutie: He has called me "dude" before so I guess I prefer "wifey":rotfl2:

I sometimes say stuff I shouldn't... This is in that realm, but I just sometimes act like a father to guys I don't even know. :confused3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter