AKV Kidani Village Savannah View

Superblonde

Mouseketeer
Hi all! First time at Kidani and would love some advice on what to request!
I would like something closer to the buses/lobby if at all possible but maybe there's something better to request? Opinions/advice?
Thanks!

This is a tough one for me because when I went to Kidani, none of my requests were meet. And the front desk CM assured me that the view my room was so lovely that it would be worth the extra walk. Well, it was definitely NOT a great view! However, I asked for near buses/lobby and main floor. Maybe you'll be luckier than I was.

If you want to see giraffes and zebras request Sunset savanna view (80% of savanna view rooms). For close to transportation, request either close to Timon elevator or close to the community hall. If instead you want to be close to pool (on north wing of resort, bus stop is on south wing), request close to the Rafiki elevator. Note, you should make any requests through Member Services because the request section for online check-in has limited requests designed for cash paying guests.

We requested near the pool/ near buses and we were placed at the second furthest building away from all that. We had a fantastic Savannah view, yes, but it felt like we walked to Africa every day to get that.

Think of a normal hotel...no matter what floor you're on it never really takes more than a 2/3 minute walk including elevator ride to get to your room. I timed the walk from the lobby with my iPhone in hand- at a steady pace, after breakfast not with tired legs in the evening after the parks, it took 9.7 mins to get there. Sure, walking 10 minutes to school or a store or restaurant is nothing but in a hotel and that's just through long corridors- took the good out of it for us and then there was the long walk to get to your car....don't get me started on that! I think we got a spot in our assigned 'Pumba' area once in our seven day stay, every other night we were another 5/10 minute walk through the car park before we got to the lobby to begin the other walk to our room! I try to keep remembering the animals and yes the view was wonderful but all that comes to mind when I think of AKL is very tired feet and legs!

Hi all! First time at Kidani and would love some advice on what to request!
I would like something closer to the buses/lobby if at all possible but maybe there's something better to request? Opinions/advice?
Thanks!
The layout of the resort and other room type specifics make closer to the lobby a difficult request to fulfill. IMO if being on the far end of Kidani would be a problem I'd either book a HC villa or make a request for medical reasons (if applicable) or simply not stay there.

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions!
I really don't know what to expect, since I have never stayed at AKV, only AKL and was only a two minute walk from the main lobby. This is why I posed the question!

Far away isn't necessarily a bad thing - but a 20min trek to the car is something to consider when leaving for ADRs and rope drop, etc.
Again thanks for all the advice!

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions!
I really don't know what to expect, since I have never stayed at AKV, only AKL and was only a two minute walk from the main lobby. This is why I posed the question!

Far away isn't necessarily a bad thing - but a 20min trek to the car is something to consider when leaving for ADRs and rope drop, etc.
Again thanks for all the advice!
As long as you don't have an oversized vehicle, you can park under the building in such a way as to minimize the walking when driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter