• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV issues

johnsgrl

Mouseketeer
Anyone else tried to book at 11 months for Jambo with Kidani points and get the "you can only book at 7 months with non-home resort points" message. I had availability for the room I wanted at the time I wanted to go ready to hit at 8 am and got shot down. I know this had been a problem when they initially rolled out the new system, but they had fixed it at one point. I emailed member services but haven't heard anything back yet and I have had too many issues with the 7 Dwarves popping up every other day I have tried to make a reservation. I am lucky enough to have some flexibility with travel dates, but if this keeps up my flexibility will be exhausted.

Anyone else tried to book at 11 months for Jambo with Kidani points and get the "you can only book at 7 months with non-home resort points" message. I had availability for the room I wanted at the time I wanted to go ready to hit at 8 am and got shot down. I know this had been a problem when they initially rolled out the new system, but they had fixed it at one point. I emailed member services but haven't heard anything back yet and I have had too many issues with the 7 Dwarves popping up every other day I have tried to make a reservation. I am lucky enough to have some flexibility with travel dates, but if this keeps up my flexibility will be exhausted.

Oh no! I hope it’s a glitch and it gets fixed for you!

Yes, and it’s happened more than once (and even on contracts with only one property to them!!). Each time I’ve had to completely log out & restart my browser; with one time requiring a reboot of my device! It’s just a try, try again scenario. Sorry! It tends to happen to me when the DVC site has a lot of traffic (like when the Riviera opened).

It’s only a real problem when you NEEDED that 8am EST edge to get your room, but I’ve always been able to still find a room I’m happy with 😊

I have sometimes gotten the message i don’t hsve enojgh points but continues anyway and it booked just fine.

This was not with AKV though so my issue could Have been a different one.

This glitch rears it’s head every now and then. It seems Disney IT can only fix it for so long.

Its clearly a glitch.
When we purchased our resale points, we found out they were Jambo House points. To date, I have never had a problem reserving at Kidani at 11 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter