AKV Guide Update

mydogdrew

DIS Veteran
A few things:
Converted rooms will open in three phases beginning 9/1.
Club rooms are confirmed at only 5 and will not open until May 2008.
Separate check-in for new construction so ressie will confirm building regardless of room type.

Any idea how many rooms will be set to open on 9/1, and which sizes? I am bummed about the club rooms, though. I was saving points for those rooms!:goodvibes

Separate check-in for new construction so ressie will confirm building regardless of room type.

Just to make sure I understand correctly....

There will be two check-in locations for DVC (at AKL) at the new building and the Lodge?? And the different buildings will be different room types??

This is what I think they would have to do but I haven't heard anyone confirm this.

I assume one third will open 9/1. Club rooms definately not part of the first phase. Not sure if phase 2 or 3 opens May 2008. Since there is a separate check-in, they really have to inform you on your ressie. There are not separate room types by building (other than the obvious) but it certainly makes sense that you will be confirming a building at time of ressie. Expect much more info when sales open up next week. Not certain if you can confirm a dedicated 2BR but I assume so since you can elsewhere.

I'm gonna add the question here, though I've also added it to other spots:

Anyone hear if there will be at least a limited number of '07 points available to the general public? Or all '08?

My guide also called me last night to confirm this as they had been given some incorrect information on Monday. The first phase which opens 9/1 will be not be club rooms. Club Rooms will be in the last phase (phase 3) of the lodge and will open 5/08. Also the first phase of the new building will open on 5/08.

I'm gonna add the question here, though I've also added it to other spots:

Anyone hear if there will be at least a limited number of '07 points available to the general public? Or all '08?

Not sure but it appears that the 07 points are linked to perhaps just phase 1 which would explain the limited number and perhaps this is limited to existing members until they sell out?

Not sure but it appears that the 07 points are linked to perhaps just phase 1 which would explain the limited number and perhaps this is limited to existing members until they sell out?

We FINALLY got our guide to talk and take a pre-order for 200 AKV points! WOOO-HOOO!

We adjusted up from 175 because of the $8 discount ppt....and banking the "extra" points over the next 3 years, when the kids are little, will mean being able to book a 2 BR, rather than a one, for about 12 years after (assuming no point changes, of course).

He said they're under the impression there will be '07 UY points available to the general public, at least for awhile. He's going to put our order in first thing on Monday AM, and doesn't think it'll be a problem to get '07 points.

He also confirmed no concierge available from the get go. Another thing he mentioned was that the guides have another meeting today...I think he told my wife (who's actually doing the leg work) it was at noon...to get "final" information for Monday.

:)

Someone posted to RADP that they bought into DAKV and got a 08 UY.

Although they may have been confused.

johno

Someone posted to RADP that they bought into DAKV and got a 08 UY.

Although they may have been confused.

johno

If they were an existing DVC member, I'd be surprised since everyone who has purchased (even recently) has reported '07 UY.

If they're putting in a preorder....our guide said they don't even have the info on what points will be available yet. They're supposedly going to find out, for sure, today. But he was "pretty sure" that at least some '07 would be available.

Maybe their going to TRY to push the '08 UY with the dev point incentive, or even overall, but will give the '07 UY points to those interested. I don't know....and my wife said he didn't seem to be sure, either.

If they were an existing DVC member, I'd be surprised since everyone who has purchased (even recently) has reported '07 UY.

It didn't sound like they where a member already, but that was just me reading between the lines. And if they are a new DVCer, they may just be confused.

And I agree that everyone else here got a '07 UY. I was just posting what I saw in the Newgroup, as a datapoint, first time I saw anyone talk about a 08 UY.

johno

:sad: :sad: No club rooms???!! What about savanna views? (Please, please tell me there'll be some of those by January!:worried: )
I have to rely on any of you who's guide actually returns their calls, but that's another story...............:rolleyes1 .

Right now if you go into the points calculator for DAVK, the ONLY option that is showing up are Savanna rooms.

No Value View, no club rooms. Which implies to me that is what they are planning on being open for now.

johno

I already own at the BW, but when I called about buying 100 points last month, I was told that I had to use the developer points within 7 months AND that I could only get my same use year (February) and that my daughter's name (which is on my other contract) had to be on this contract too. I got hung up on trying to use the developer points within 7 months.

So...now I'm confused by what I've read here..is this info ONLY for new DVC contracts? If I bought today and got a different use year...say September, would I get the developer points (or reduced price contract) now and then have to wait until September to get the 2007 points? But if I got a Feb use year to match my current use year, would I get those points immediately? And would I have to pay maintenance on those points even tho the AKL isn't ready yet?

Sorry if these questions were asked on another thread...I've been poking around trying to find info...and this is all that came up .

I already own at the BW, but when I called about buying 100 points last month, I was told that I had to use the developer points within 7 months AND that I could only get my same use year (February) and that my daughter's name (which is on my other contract) had to be on this contract too. I got hung up on trying to use the developer points within 7 months.
Up until yesterday (Feb 28) you had the option to take the developer points or an $8/pt discount. (The member's website states that there is special pricing available until June 4th -- it doesn't mention any specifics so I don't know if the developer points are still available or not.) Everything else you posted is correct -- you are purchasing an "add-on", so it must be the same UY and include the same owners as your master contract. If you want a different UY or want different owners listed on the AKV contract, you have to purchase at least 150 points and have it set up as a separate master contract with a new membership number. (And after Monday, the minimum points for a new master contract will be 160.)

So...now I'm confused by what I've read here..is this info ONLY for new DVC contracts? If I bought today and got a different use year...say September, would I get the developer points (or reduced price contract) now and then have to wait until September to get the 2007 points? But if I got a Feb use year to match my current use year, would I get those points immediately? And would I have to pay maintenance on those points even tho the AKL isn't ready yet?
The member's website states only that there is special pricing available, so it's not clear whether the developer points are still being offered. Assuming they are still selling '07 points, with a Feb UY you would receive Feb '07 points with your contract. You cannot use those points until AKV is officially open, so you can use those points to book at AKV or elsewhere for stays starting Sep 1st or later. You will not be charged dues on those points until you can start using the points or the start of your UY, whichever is later, so that would be Sep 1st in your case.

If you purchase a new 150/160-point master contract with a Sep UY and if you got 2007 points with your purchase, again you can use those points for stays from Sep 1st onward, and you will pay dues starting Sep 1st.

:sad: :sad: No club rooms???!! What about savanna views? (Please, please tell me there'll be some of those by January!:worried: )
I have to rely on any of you who's guide actually returns their calls, but that's another story...............:rolleyes1 .

Our guide said most, if not all, will be savannah view in phase 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter