AKV guests using AKL amenities?

SpoonfulofSugar

DIS Veteran
On the back of the brocure that came with the AKV DVD there is a statement "Purchasers should not rely on the continued existence of, and access to, existing Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities, such as savannas, restaurants, and recreational facilities that are not part of membership."
Does this mean DVC members won't be able to use the AKL pool?
Or is it just legal stuff to cover everything and anything they may do?
TIA

lawyer speak.

I guess they are saying do not buy AKV because of anything that is part of AKL.

so if you buy AKV because Jiko or Boma is your favorite place to eat, then they are letting you know upfront they can change it at anytime.

I believe that means that they, being AKL, can in the future decide to eliminate the concierge level, for example. I think that if AKL decides to eliminate the savannas, then DVC would have to go along with that. I believe that AKL calls the shots with regards to that sort of thing. But I think that AKL would look at what DVC is bringing in, more money, and would not make a hasty decision to cancel those benefits. I did say, 'I think,' not I know.

I thought it was just legal stuff, I was just curious since it was very specific to AKL amenities. I was thinking if they opened the new AKV building that maybe some of the stuff at AKL would close. I never saw such a specific statement on the SS literature.

I agree that it is legalese covering potential eventualities. Can you imagine if, for example, Disney had to discontinue the animals on the savanna for some reason? People would be clamoring for AKV refunds claiming that that was an important part of why they bought there. This language protects Disney in case something like that happens in the next 50 years.

I don't think it will affect the ability of AKV guests to utilize the various AKL facitilies. Interesting language though, and I don't think I've seen it mentioned in other resort contracts, much less in their sales brochures.

We don't, technically, OWN AKL....only AKV. So they are covering thier bottoms in case they decide, tomorrow, to shutter AKL, demo the first 4 floors, and turn it into a shopping mall, eliminating all the AKL "owned and operated" amenities (including the pool, restaurants, and savannahs).

Of course, the chances of them doing that are pretty slim. :)

I was wondering about that little blurb. Does anybody have any literature from when they were selling Wilderness Lodge? It seems to me that would have had similar wording b/c the Lodge was there before they built the villas.

I was wondering about that little blurb. Does anybody have any literature from when they were selling Wilderness Lodge? It seems to me that would have had similar wording b/c the Lodge was there before they built the villas.

The difference here is that the Villas, themselves, are not self contained within the WL's building. With AKV, you have the 5th and 6th floor that is, physically, part of the AKL structure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter