AKV CLub Level Questions

I was just considering moving up to AKL "C" on my April 2014 trip with my niece and nephews. One question - do all of the Concierge rooms have Savannah view. that is the most important things to the kids (and me, really). And would you recommend Jambo or Kidani for 2 adults, 3 kids - 11, 11, and 8?

There are only five two bedroom lockoff villas on the concierge level on the sixth floor of Jambo House. They go quickly at 11 months out to members who own at AKV. Three are savanna view and two are pool view and you cannot request a view. The savanna view is partially blocked by the roof overhang. At least one is handicapped accessible.

There are no concierge villas in Kidani Village.

Now if you are booking concierge/club level at AKL, you will be on the fourth floor with savanna view. But those are not villas and are just hotel rooms or suites. And you can't use points for those.

The AKV Concierge villas get daily full cleaning, turn down service and access to the lounge and their services.

OP-- have you already submitted your dining reservations?

If I were you, I'd personally do the ones that I'd REALLY want. I didn't do that this year thinking AKV CL would handle it. Well, they missed the first day mark and I didn't get what I wanted, and they messed up the dates on one of my ADRs. I ended up redoing everything myself. It was a mess.

Now we're at the point where we're considering cancelling the stay and saving the points since the experience so far has been lackluster.

My point is, don't count on them to get what you want. They weren't "on it." I ranted on the dining board and everyone told me that I should have done it myself. So just a word of warning. :crazy2:

We have done AKV Concierge 5 times with a 6th stay booked for May. And we have always done our own dining reservations at the 180 day mark to make sure we get certain restaurants. We have done the Sunrise Safari 3 times and always enjoy it with the breakfast served with it.

My grandkids are big fruit eaters and love the breakfast bar! We usually are there about half of the time for the appetizers since they are from 5-7pm. We booked 4 nights for May 2014 and had our waitlist come through giving us 5 nights.

We really enjoy the housekeeping for a change since our other DVC stays don't have it.

We have done concierge several times even prior to it being DVC rooms.
The sunrise safari is definately worth it.
The itinerary planners send an email with tons of information. Here is the lounge food offerings listed in their email we just received for our upcoming trip in Sept.

Food offerings:

Macheo (Sunrise Offerings)
For our early risers...coffee and assorted juices.
6:30 a.m.

Miamko (Adventurous Awakenings)
Start your adventure with an assortment of fresh fruits, juices,
pastries and cereals.
7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.

Vitafunio (Safari Snacks)
Take a mid-day break and enjoy a selection of African snacks and
beverages.
11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Chai (Afternoon Tea)
Sit back and relax with imported teas, freshly baked scones, cookies and
treats. A daily must in Africa!
3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Kisikusiku (Twilight Offerings)
After and exciting safari, take pleasure in an array of wines, hors
d'oeuvres, and savor African specialty appetizers from our resort
restaurants, Jiko and Boma.
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Rehema (Evening Indulgences)
Revisit your day's activities or plan for tomorrow while treating
yourself to a sampling of fine desserts and a variety of premium
cordials.
8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter