akl value question

The value rooms are only in Jambo house. They are classified as value because of the smaller room size. They can be savannah view, standard view or parking lot view. You could make a request but still may end up with the parking lot view.

We stayed in one over spring break and had a view of the pool. It was a great value. We requested one for next year.

We had an AKV value 1 bedroom and it didn't seem small at all! Three adults in the room. Pool view, large balcony.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Has anyone had trouble booking the AKL value studios at the 7 month window for August?

Here's my view from my value studio-

DSCF1018.jpg

DSCF1019.jpg

I couldn't see animals but I loved the view. And there are so many common areas to see animals that the lack of animals in my view wasn't a problem for the low # of points. How cramped it is probably depends somewhat on how many people you have. I was solo so it was fine. Also, I'd just come froma standard view room and didn't notice a big difference in size. I think youget major "bang for the buck" [rather, points] with a value studio, and I'm on the waitlist for one in October.

The Value rooms are in the area marked in green on this map. Possible views are: Sunset Savanna, pool/roof, or parking lot. The rooms in the pool area that are closest to the lobby have a view of a roof and trees -- you can't see the pool at all from some of those rooms.

The rooms marked in yellow are Standard View which in Jambo House all have a view of the pool area. The areas marked in pink are Concierge (6th floor). Everything else is Savanna View. The orange blobs mark the location of the Grand Villas.

81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

Our room had a view of the savanna--we had a studio; it is cramped but we were saving points due to it being our 2nd trip this year; we were in the section marked with green and near the #1mickey head in LisaS's picture

Do you think a value 1 bdrm would be too cramped for parents and 3 kids (7,5,2)?

I don't know if all value 1 bedrooms are the same shape, size. Ours was a pool view and I think there was enough room in the open areas for a pack and play...so I think you could do it. I do think that if you wanted to put the pack and play for the 2 year old in the Master Bedroom, that would be tough, I don't think it would fit anywhere there.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Do you think a value 1 bdrm would be too cramped for parents and 3 kids (7,5,2)?

just remember the extra chair bed - while there can't be open while the sleeper sofa is open.

with little kids think you will be fine.

now teens - forget it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter