• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL to Animal Kingdom Park - walk?

Yusani

Mouseketeer
I have seen discussions about this being a bad idea... but is it permissible? Looking at the satellite, it looks like we could walk out the front door of the hotel, past the bus stop, down the roadside of Osceola Parkway (no side walk), turn left of Black Lake Road, past the Animal Kingdom Park bus stop, and then head into the park entrance.

We would be two adults with no kids and we are frequent hikers. I hate the bus system. I don't mind walking in grass and having lived the better park of a decade in Louisiana am not afraid of alligators. I traced out the path on Google Earth and it comes out to being apx 1.22 miles. The roadsides look well mowed. I realized this would not be a popular choice, but seems doable. I don't think I'd want to do this after dark, but early morning before park opening sounds doable.

But, is it permitted or would someone stop us?

I have seen discussions about this being a bad idea... but is it permissible? Looking at the satellite, it looks like we could walk out the front door of the hotel, past the bus stop, down the roadside of Osceola Parkway (no side walk), turn left of Black Lake Road, past the Animal Kingdom Park bus stop, and then head into the park entrance.

We would be two adults with no kids and we are frequent hikers. I hate the bus system. I don't mind walking in grass and having lived the better park of a decade in Louisiana am not afraid of alligators. I traced out the path on Google Earth and it comes out to being apx 1.22 miles. The roadsides look well mowed. I realized this would not be a popular choice, but seems doable.

But, is it permitted or would someone stop us?

Security will stop you.

I can't see why you would want to -- just hop on a bus or like PP mentioned just get a lyft or uber

I wish I could walk, too, but the area, no matter how good it looks on Google, is really not conducive to walking to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter