AKL Standard Rooms

Diane D

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me where the standard view rooms are at AKL? Is there a view of any animals at all from them?? Do they all have a balcony?

The standard rooms face the parking lot and have no animal view from the room at all. They all have balconies, but some of them are in TERRIBLE locations, right next to the bus stop with people walking within feet of your room day in and day out. If you do decide on a standard, specify that you want an upper floor, at least people won't be able to look right into your room as they walk by.

All guests can still go to the many viewing areas to view the animals.

Anne

The standard rooms are on the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails. We just got back from a wonderful 4 night stay in a std. room (w/ bunkbeds) on the Giraffe Trail (#5248). It was 5th floor, and although the view was indeed the parking lot, it was a great stay in a beautiful room and resort. If you will be spending most of your time in the parks, as we did, I think you'll be perfectly happy. There's so much to see and do in other areas of the resort - we didn't have time to take advantage of it all.

Originally posted by ducklite
They all have balconies, but some of them are in TERRIBLE locations, right next to the bus stop with people walking within feet of your room day in and day out. If you do decide on a standard, specify that you want an upper floor, at least people won't be able to look right into your room as they walk by.

No, they don't all have balconies. The rooms on the way to the bus stop on the groud floor have a patio with a 5-6 foot concrete wall in front of it. I doubt that they could see into your room, but you wouldn't be able to see anything outside either except for the wall.

I have heard that some of the rooms facing the parking lot are quite noisey. I am a very light sleeper. Did you find the noise from your room to be a problem?

I didn't think parking lot noise was a problem at all; the fact that we were on the 5th floor may have helped. I could hear the buses faintly in the mornings, but the sounds were very muffled. I'm not a light sleeper though. Others have mentioned the sounds of flushing toilets - I could hear a toilet flushing a couple times, an alarm clock going off once and - since we were in a room that had a connecting door - I could hear a baby crying once or twice. None of this woke me up or was bothersome to any of us - but I guess it could have been worse depending on the neighbors! I was aware of the noises, but that was about it. Don't worry, it will be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter