AKL standard room vs. Animal Kingdom Kidani Village deluxe studio

curlyqs

Mouseketeer
I am looking for advice as to which one to book for my last minute July quick getaway. They are both the same exact price. Traveling with 2 adults and an 11 year old. Plans are 2 days at the parks and a day to relax at the pool and hotel. What are the pros and cons of each. I also see that kidani village is currently under construction. Would that affect our enjoyment of the hotel.
TIA

I would do AKL standard - it puts you in Jambo (the main building with the most dining options, including the QS and a nice gift shop) and gives you two, real beds. In a Kidani studio, you will get one bed and a pullout sofa which is not very comfortable, IMHO. The good news is you can use the pools at both resorts and use a shuttle to get back and forth between the buildings if you don't feel like walking.

I would do AKL standard - it puts you in Jambo (the main building with the most dining options, including the QS and a nice gift shop) and gives you two, real beds. In a Kidani studio, you will get one bed and a pullout sofa which is not very comfortable, IMHO. The good news is you can use the pools at both resorts and use a shuttle to get back and forth between the buildings if you don't feel like walking.

I agree with @Marthasor . Two real beds will be great!

Another vote for Jambo! Rooms at Kidani could be a huge trek, especially if it's at the end of those looooong hallways!

Great choice! I would have recommended Jambo, also, especially with an 11-year-old. The pool at Jambo is wonderful. The pool at Kidani is quite nice, but not as large as the pool at Jambo. There are more activities at Jambo, I believe. The lobby at Jambo is more impressive, and the store is larger. In my opinion, the main situation where it is an advantage to be at Kidani is one we have often had: six guests in a two bedroom suite. You get three bathrooms at Kidani vs. just two bathrooms at Jambo. Sanaa, the restaurant at Kidani is worth visiting. The bread service is outstanding and the meal choices are really good. It is not as expensive as Jiko. Also, they have a quick service breakfast, where you can sit at a table and look at animals just outside--maybe more interesting for people of our age than for the 11-year-old, but still quite nice for one morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter