AKL = small rooms?

Samsma

DIS Veteran
I have read all these threads about the small size of the AKL rooms. Can a family of 4 fit comfortably, hopefully queen and bunkbed? My kids 10 & 4.

THE AKL IS SO AWESOME YOU CAN FORGET THE ROOM MAY BE A LITTLE SMALL FOR 4 PEOPLE! YOU WILL LOVE IT! THE ROOM IS GORGEOUS! YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME! GET THE BUNKBEDS - IT GIVES YOU A LITTLE MORE ROOM ! HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

We found the rooms quite comfortable. The bunks give you a bit more floor space. We are a family of 4 with elementary age kids. -HM

The rooms are a tad smaller than other deluxes perhaps, but our family of 4 made out just fine. Even with DS's pack n play, there was plenty of room.

It really is a nice resort...Have a great time:)

Just make sure to request the bunkbeds. The rooms there, like the ones at WL are very cramped with 2 queen sized beds. When we stayed at WL with just 3 of us (DD was 6), we kept running into the posts on the beds. My poor DH had terrible goose eggs on his shins from them. Personally, I think for the type of furniture in WL and AKL, the rooms should have been bigger.

Yes, request the bunkbeds, but keep in mind that they are not guaranteed.

The standard rooms are about the asme size as at the moderates in the area with the beds, but have a much larger dressing area and closet area.

The AKL is a WONDERFUL place though!

Anne

Originally posted by lizzie64
Oh, I can't wait, I can't wait.

LOL @ Lizzie!

I hope the times goes fast for you... ( I mean - before you leave - not once you get there - I hope it goes L - O - N - G.. when you get there!)

P.S. I spoke to the Beach Club itinerary planner today - she is so sweet and helpful even though I am calling WAY early =)

>>^..^<<

Good for you Cassie,

I think I was talking to the AKL planners with about 120 days to go.

Did you see the post about Discovery cove. I wanted to post a link to your pictures, but didn't want to step on your shoes. She might love to see them.

Liz

The rooms are a tad small ... but the bunk bed did help. The sink area being outside the bathroom is a big help too.:D And the balcony is a wonderful place ... I spent most of my time in the room outside on the balcony! Watching the animals ... it was so peaceful:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter