AKL Reservation window

btkemper.1212

Charter Member AKV
My family of 9 is looking to stay at AKL Jambo in 2025 in one of the Grand Villa rooms. How early can I book one of those rooms?

Are you looking to rent / use DVC points to book this? If so, the earliest you can book is 11 months out.

Also, our check-in date is very flexible next year. Is there a particular day of the week that we should request our stay at a AKL Jambo GV?

Also, our check-in date is very flexible next year. Is there a particular day of the week that we should request our stay at a AKL Jambo GV?
People check into and out of DVC villas every day of the week. That said, there are probably more checkouts on Saturdays and Sundays (thus opening a villa for you) than on other days of the week as well as more checkouts at the end of a holiday period or the day after a runDisney event.
Rent
Thank you
If planning to rent a DVC reservation from an owner, you should probably get in touch with an agency or with an AKV owner here on DISboards (https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-transfer.29/) prior to the 11 month window opening for your trip. At 11 months out from the date of checkin, someone who owns at AKV must make the reservation for you - a DVC owner who doesn't own there won't be able to book there until 7 months before checkin.

My family of 9 is looking to stay at AKL Jambo in 2025 in one of the Grand Villa rooms. How early can I book one of those rooms?
The earliest you can book is 11 months prior to the start of your planned vacation - so sometime this year depending on when in 2025 you want to go.
There are a couple of things to consider:
First, whomever you rent from will need to own at AKV in order to reserve there 11 months ahead, members who own at other resorts must wait until 7 months ahead of their stay to reserve non home resorts & if you wait until 7 months, the villa you want may already be booked by AKV owners.
Second, grand villas take a lot of points, so the owner you book from will need to own a lot of points at AKV.
Third, Jambo only has 6 grand villas, I’m planning on using my AKV points to book a Jambo GV for a 2025 family visit at 11 months, but even as an AKV owner w/ enough points & the ability to walk my reservation if needed, I have a back up plan to grab one of Kidani’s 16 GVs if all of the Jambo’s 6 GVs are gone when I try to book.
Fourth & unique to a 2025 AKV booking, AKV is scheduled for a hard goods refurb in 2025 which means they’ll be pulling villas from inventory to do refurbishments & a hard goods refurb is more work & thus takes longer than a soft goods refurb, therefore availability will be even worse than normal depending on when/how they schedule the work & whether they finish the work on time or if they run into construction delays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter